“The Jury is still out”
Review of Cafe Macaw - CLOSED

Cafe Macaw
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Real Macaw Cafe at The Entrance NSW provides great Coffee, fablous Food and Friendly Service ...... Relax inside or on the balcony - our New Menu features fresh house made dishes that use only the freshest ingredients. This cafe changed hands in late August 2014 - come and give The Real Macaw Cafe another try - you will be impressed!
central coast
“The Jury is still out”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went here for breakfast this morning with a friend. We had never been here before but decided to check it out. I was dying for a BLAT so was very happy to see they served them. My friend ordered a Haloumi Stack with vegetable and asked for a few items to be taken off, including tomato. her stack arrived with the tomato on it and when she asked to have it removed she was met with a kind of "What, can't you just work around it?" kind of reaction. She then proceeded to pick out the "snotty' bits from the eggs, a cardinal sin in my book! My BLAT looked delicious and came with chips, and it would of been delicious except they did the stupid thing, and again cardinal sin in my book, of adding lemon juice to the avocado. When will care's understand that you DON'T need to put lemon juice in avocado to keep it from browning. Just keep it on the seed and wrap it in some glad wrap!!! The lemon totally over powered the meal and I could only eat half before it came too much. If I ask for a BLAT, i expect that's what I will get. Not added things I don't want. The service on leaving had decidedly cooled towards us. Who knows, maybe they overheard us whinging about snotty eggs and lemon tainted avocado!

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently had lunch at cafe macaw, and half way through eating my burger a baby wasp was in the bread. I notified staff and they were not helpful what so ever the waitress had the response of "it's on the edge" I was appalled at this costumer service, I was told they weren't able to do anything, they didn't offer to cook me a new meal or even take away the sandwich. when it was finally time to pay they took 2 dollars off my meal.
I was a regular costumer their for years eating at least once a month from their cafe. But after this experience I will not be returning. This certain member of staff needs some training in order to gain better costumer service skills. Not happy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Anonnnn1235
“Beautiful food and even better coffee”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Macaw for both breakfast and lunch and it was delicous and the coffee and milkshakes were even better. The staff are friendly and very prompt and we will sure to be visiting again.

• Visited April 2013
Randwick, Australia
“fine food”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

we went and had breakfast here. We loved the coffee and the big breakfast. Staff were friendly and was reasonably priced

Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Aussie Tucker”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

While visiting family Cafe Macaw was recommended for breakfast and we were not disappointed. Eggs Benedict, bacon and eggs, big breakfast were all great. The staff were very friendly and helpful, assisting in re-arranging tables and chairs to seat a fairly largish group.

Service was prompt, the meals coming out hot and fresh. The coffees were excellent. I would certainly go back again.

• Visited March 2013