“Reliable for good food and good value”

The Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 106 Restaurants in The Entrance
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have dined at this reatsurant a number of times and have only been dissappointed the once and that was teh 1st time when they not subtley hinted for us to go by turning on all the lights and overservicing our table to clean up after an evening meal when we just wanted to relax, drink and talk. All other times, breakfasts, lunches and dinners have been great, and on a sunny day there is no better place to eat and lookout over the Entrance, service is good, value is good and food always good. What more would you ask for?

1  Thank From_a_LandDownunder

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently visited The Italian for a 50th wedding anniversary lunch for my parents.. I have to say the staff were fantastic, the view was to die for and the food was impressive considering the neighborhood. Portion sizes were good and although not 'Fine dining' the food was fresh, hearty and plentiful. We were there for a Sunday lunch and they happen to have a Jazz band playing as well if that's your thing. I have also been there on a Saturday night with my parents and they seem to love the croner with the piano accordion playing live most Friday and Saturday nights. Not to everyone's taste but The Italian is in a great spot on the wharf and have a good wine list and the best view of The Entrance.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had the fortune of visiting The Italian Restaurant at The Entrance last night (1/6/13) & really enjoyed the night. Even though it was a raining miserable night, the atmosphere inside the restaurant was cosy & worm. The food was great and traditional Italian, they had a soloist signing heaters on & the staff were very attentive. The restaurant is located right on the water with a great outlook & I can only imagine that it would be a fantastic place to spend a sunny afternoon or evening. The prices where reasonable, not ultra cheap, however not overly expensive. It cost the two of us just over $100 including a bottle of wine. I will return to this restaurant and recommend it to others. The only negative would be that for couples out for a romantic dinner the tables are a little close and can make it hard for a private conversation, however that can be said of most restaurants!

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed May 31, 2013

At the Italian you get waitresses who don't know what the item is on the menu, but still stand there looking at you with a lost " have no idea" look on their faces rather than ask someone. In an Italian restaurant mind you we could not substitute mash potato for some plain penne - nor did the waitress ask. The ribs could not decide if they wanted to be Asian or American - although they were soft & cooked well - the poor marinade kind of made it weird. The overuse of balsamic reduction made the bruschetta soggy & oversweet, and when poured liberally over the salad - was very overpowering. The fettuccine marinara tasted a bit too much of sea wate & not enough of good tomato & garlic as you would expect of a good Italian dish. Very disappointing.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Mother's Day lunch for a family. We were squashed in like sardines in a can. Fold up tables used to fill every available space . The service was poor . We had to continuously chase a waitress for drinks. When the mains arrived an hour after ordering all but one meal was served. We were a family of seven . I had to watch the rest eat while I waited for my meal . Really not worth the money or effort. At least the beer was cold . By the way the food was too . When it did arrive

1  Thank denson1965