“Unfortunately nothing special”

The Entrance Lake House
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in The Entrance
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: From the freshly ground coffee and home baked treats to our a-la-carte meals, High Teas, and finger foods, the emphasis at The Entrance Lake House when it comes to our food and beverages is on quality, freshness and taste - all enjoyed while savouring the ambience of The Entrance Lake House's beautifully restored interior and admiring the uninterrupted lake views. Our Chefs combine the freshest, seasonal produce (sourced locally whenever possible) to create mouthwatering, beautifully presented dishes that reflect our multicultural heritage and relaxed coastal lifestyle. We are fully licensed and cater to special dietary requirements and any theme to suit your special celebration, function or wedding. All menus feature our specially sourced range of quality coffees, teas and other beverages. Being fully licensed, we also boast an extensive wine list featuring a selection of local and imported reds, whites and sparkling wine varieties, beers and cocktails. If you are planning an event such as a wedding, a Christmas party, a special celebration or a corporate function, our Event Management Team will tailor a menu that perfectly aligns with your vision, your theme, your taste, your group size and your budget. Contact Us to book a table or to have a chat about how we can tailor a truly memorable event for your function, wedding or special celebration.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I came here with a large group of people for an event. I was surprised firstly by the cost of the food. I thought for what they were serving it was quite expensive. As a vegetarian, I ordered two entrees and a side to keep me satisfied. I ordered the tomato salad, the white asparagus and the potatoes. The tomato salad was something that I could have made at home. The croutons were massive and too crusty and overall it was very small. The asparagus with truffle was overcooked and the potatoes had a lot of chile on them making them too hot for my liking. The savior of the night was the marshmallow dessert. It was amazing. I was in a sugar coma for the rest of the night but very much worth it. I asked my companions about their food and got a similar response, tasted like home cooking.
The location is lovely (we were dining at night so couldn't see the lake) and the decor was good. The service was also very good.
On a side note, the main gentleman that we dealt with (possibly the manager), smelt like he has just smoked a pack of cigarettes. It was so overpowering I was happy when we got another waiter. Its not particularly professional especially in the restaurant industry.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We've eaten here a few times and have never had a bad experience. Service and food are always excellent.
We had a High Tea for my mum's 80th birthday. It was wonderful.

1  Thank Sally L
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The food was ok. Dessert was beautiful, creme Brule with bannana. Always beautiful.
The service was very disappointing. We had to keep asking for things as they passed us or ignored us. Much better restaurants closer to my home.
There are some amazing resturants on the coast now. I feel they need to up the anti if they want to keep there reputation.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Menu has been changed not to our liking. Clam Chowder had pieces of ham in it. Steak was good but the Snapper fillet was dry and smelt slightly off.
Cannot recommend and will take a long time to return. A bottle of wine, 2 beers; 3 entrees, 3 mains and 2 desserts $200 - disappointed.

1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed June 14, 2014

What an enjoyable lunch, we are looking forward to coming for dinner next!
Certainly would recommend this to everyone!
Value for money also!
We will be back to share a meal with good friends and family for sure.