“definitely worth a visit”

The Entrance Lake House
Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in The Entrance
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the freshly ground coffee and home baked treats to our a-la-carte meals, High Teas, and finger foods, the emphasis at The Entrance Lake House when it comes to our food and beverages is on quality, freshness and taste - all enjoyed while savouring the ambience of The Entrance Lake House's beautifully restored interior and admiring the uninterrupted lake views. Our Chefs combine the freshest, seasonal produce (sourced locally whenever possible) to create mouthwatering, beautifully presented dishes that reflect our multicultural heritage and relaxed coastal lifestyle. We are fully licensed and cater to special dietary requirements and any theme to suit your special celebration, function or wedding. All menus feature our specially sourced range of quality coffees, teas and other beverages. Being fully licensed, we also boast an extensive wine list featuring a selection of local and imported reds, whites and sparkling wine varieties, beers and cocktails. If you are planning an event such as a wedding, a Christmas party, a special celebration or a corporate function, our Event Management Team will tailor a menu that perfectly aligns with your vision, your theme, your taste, your group size and your budget. Contact Us to book a table or to have a chat about how we can tailor a truly memorable event for your function, wedding or special celebration.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had dinner here tonight and I really enjoyed it. The food was delicious and the service was good. I am definitely looking forward to eating he're again. The pork belly was melt in my mouth and one of the best I have eaten. My main was good, some more vegetables would of been great. Desert was the chocolate Bavarian and it was divine. I recommend it! Tried some of my husband's rib steak, it was perfect, some nice thick tasty sauce would of made it ten out of ten but the jus was a bit runny and lacking substance. Still perfectly awesome steak! My only constructive criticism would be to please think about when having a menu which has a small choise of dishes, that flavoring two of the mains with aniseed means if a person does not like it, their choice of dishes is made even smaller. Great night, I will be back soon.

1  Thank Tigerstripes77

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The place is cosy the view is spectacular and the food is stunning to look at and it tastes beautiful I would recommend it to any an everyone

2  Thank Repti
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Really enjoyed the party I attended at The Lake House's upstairs function room. The space was perfect for an intimate gathering, the canapes were delicious and appropriate for the crowd and the staff gave great service. I was very impressed by how the themed party was reflected in everything from the beautiful decorations to the drinks - such high attention to detail. Just one suggestion for improvement - since it was such a warm night, it would've been great if there was more airflow through the room and if the drinks were ice cold. Apart from that, my only regret was not sticking around the next day to enjoy a yummy breakfast there!

1  Thank AnnieBack
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I attended a 21st function (Alice in Wonderland themed) which was held in the Loft. Beautiful classic space, Very intimate feel to the venue with forty or so people in the room. Great staff, fantastic venue. The food was delicious and the drinks were well priced and good value. Downstairs restaurant/cafe looks fantastic as well.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went to a function at the Lake House and it was fantastic. The Loft (the upstairs bit) looked beautiful all done up to a theme and the food was yummy and plentiful. I'd like to go back and try the downstairs restaurant!