“Mid Week Break”

Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in The Entrance
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ocean view apartment very good now renovations have been completed...Only drawbacks are the lack of WiFi for the iPad and no Foxtel which is extremely silly in this day and age!! Front office staff extremely helpful, especially Sandra!! A great place for a mid-week break due to it's proximity from Sydney!!

Room Tip: Ocean view apartment excellent with excellent views of ocean and the Entrance
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at Oaks Waterfront. It was fantastic to read you found the front office staff extremely helpful throughout your stay here. I have taken your comments regarding the WiFi on board. We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is a joke, $250 a night, no service, the place is filthy, and they have the cheek to charge you an extra $50 if the room is left unsatisfactory, the washing machine didn't spin so I had to hand ring my clothes, and when i rang reception she didnt care, felt like I was in the 50's, the water was luke warm in the shower, the shower and bathroom was like a hospital with a seat in the shower, I would honestly prefer to go camping than ever stay here, I honestly never wright reviews but I was so angry with the terrible service that I couldn't help it, I really just want to stop anyone else from making the same mistake and staying here, and the restaurant is the same, terrible service, all the food came out wrong, we had short straws on the side of our coffee cups that we were supposed to use as spoons, as they didn't have any spoons left which was strange as the place was empty, all I can say is don't stay here sleep in your car and get maccas

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Emjay78
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We appreciate you providing feedback from your stay with us. It is disappointing to read of the maintenance issues which you had in this apartment. I have spoken directly to the maintenance department so we can have these issued addressed. In regards to the restaurant, they are privately owned and operate separately to the hotel but I have passed your feedback onto them. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel to show this is not the standard we continually strive for.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed in the one bedroom apartment. We thought the room was out dated as the shower was awkward to get in and out of. Whilst in the shower we kept hitting our elbow on the pensioner hand rail which you needed to get in the shower. We could hear noises from the rooms above. Could not understand the big step to go onto the balcony. The staff were very friendly

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank peter h
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay at Oaks Waterfront Resort. My apologies you found the shower difficult to step in and out off in this specific room. If you do wish to stay with us in the future please contact one of our helpful staff members who would be happy to recommend a room with a flat floor shower. It was fantastic to read you found the staff at Oaks Waterfront to be very friendly. We do hope to welcome you back to The Entrance in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our third stay at the resort and have always stayed in a 1-bedroom apartment and have paid extra to have an "ocean view" . This time we were on the 5th floor on the southern corner and the outlook was magnificent. Staff were very polite and helpful. Position of the resort is great - lock up the car and walk everywhere - lots of good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Pay extra to have an ocean view. Corner suites are the best - more windows.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay with us at Oaks Waterfront. It is always pleasing to read such positive comments from guests. The staff look forward to welcoming you back again soon for your fourth stay at the resort.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had been driving all morning and were exhausted. We were told our room was a priority for the housekeeping staff and the wait would be about 20 minutes. I felt bad at first as my partner had fallen asleep in the lounge but the wait took nearly two hours. Amanda at reception was pleasant enough and was following up with Julie, who either was the only housekeeper or was unable to manage her team well. The thing that irked me more than anything else was the fact that after waiting patiently for nearly two hours no apology or sign of good faith was shown by the staff. I could have carried on, made a fuss, made it known to the people who walked by us in the lobby that we were promised a room quite a while ago, we could have made sure everyone knew there was a level of incompetence along the chain. Instead I played nice, smiled, only followed up once and smiled to all guests as they walked though. I was disappointed that a complimentary late checkout could not be accommodated (only with cost). Even a lousy half hour or so. Amanda didn’t give us our keys, instead it was another woman who looked like her manager, brown hair and had no customer service. By the time we got the keys I was too tired for an altercation. If we were offed something, anything, for our wait than I wouldn’t be upset at all.

We missed activities we had hoped to do during the mid afternoon because of how late the check in was.

There was a LONG BLACK HAIR on one of the tiny bathroom towels (5 less than the Oaks in Auckland but certainly indicates this brand of properties are incapable of cleaning towels). I am blonde and the towel wasn’t yet used.

We were also expected to wash up our plates and put all rubbish in the bins or we would get a charge. This makes the room wait from the day before seem even more infuriating and incompetent. The view was nice but not worth it if I have to do everything for housekeeping and they still can’t run on time.
I did pick their carpark because it was secure. Upon checkout I was told there would be an additional charge if we left the car for an extra hour while we had breakfast. At which point I said “Why have you charged me $15.00 for a car park that was not secured after all? I didn’t once see the gate closed” “Oh, sorry, the gate isn’t working and we won’t be charging anyone” They said they extended the key. They didn’t. We had very important items in the car and COMMUNICATION is necessary, it is important to know whether or not the parking is as advertised – secured. I would have liked to be told the gate wasn’t working before choosing to leave our car there.

In summary: 2 hour wait with NO APOLOGY or complimentary sign of good will to make up for it. LONG Black hairs. Incompetent house keeping staff, incompetent garage door and incompetent customer service. There was also no communication from staff when a fire drill happened but hey. At least the fire stairs worked so that is something right.

A smaller motel without a view is certainly the way to go. 2 hours for a room. I may be back to the entrance but I will steer clear of this place with a 40 ft pole!

Room Tip: Any other property in the area would be better. Honestly so angry with their lack of service.
3  Thank StackIt
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at Oaks Waterfront.
It was disappointing to read we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. The issues raised have been addressed with both the housekeeping and front office staff and appropriate steps put in place to work towards ensuring we do not have these problems again. We do hope you will join us again in the future to show this experience is not reflective of Oaks Waterfront and the standards we continually strive for.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We where greeted by a lady I think her name was Sandra which was very polite and helpful which kick started our wonderful 2 night stay at the Oaks...we even had a room upgrade at no extra costs. The resort and service was A1. We will be back and would recommend the resort to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback from your recent stay at Oaks Waterfront. It was wonderful to read you thoroughly enjoyed the resort and found the staff and service to be excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Oaks Waterfront.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in the one bedroom apartment for one night. The room size was good, very roomy and the facilities in the room was good. There is a washing machine and a dryer, stove and oven as well.
The major problem with the room is that it doesn't have good noise insulation. You could almost hear everything someone says in the next room from you. You could also hear people walking in the walk way in middle of the night which was really annoying and i could barely sleep that night. The other problem was that the carpet felt sticky and the sofa bed was EXTREMELY dirty! It did not have a sheet to cover the sofa bed. The spare blanket in the wardrobe smells like somebody has vomit on it.
The location of this apartment was perfect, within walking distance to restaurants, beach, fishing area and shops.
The price of this apartment is a bit over priced for this type of apartment as it is not clean and could barely get any sleep due to the noise you can hear from everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ivan_w1992
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It was good to read you found the apartment to be spacious and equipped with the right facilities. It was disappointing to read of the housekeeping issues in the apartment. I have addressed these issues with housekeeping supervisor to ensure correct procedures are being followed so we do not have these problems in the future. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort on your next visit to The Entrance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Entrance
Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast
Mantra Ettalong Beach
Mantra Ettalong Beach
#1 of 2 in Ettalong Beach

Been to Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance? Share your experiences!