“Oaks waterfront resort was amazing!”

Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in The Entrance
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I just came back from the resort, upon arrival the receptionist was extremely helpful with everything, I came on here before I went and while I was there I was convinced that it isn't as bad as people are saying, This place would have been 5 star IF there was free wifi internet available. free parking for guests, and most importantly more of a updated style in the rooms. I couldn't eat anything from the restaurant (vegan) however there was a great pie shop selling amazing vegie pasties for $2.50 which me and my boyfriend thought where great. We went to the outdoor pool yesterday and was so disappointed that I didn't live there as we had the whole top pool to ourselves and the spa was great. Everything was crammed into the bathroom however it was more than some places offer (washer & dryer with washing powder). Overall we had an excellent time even been very particular and private people. I would recommend this place to couples and families. It was fantastic although $150 has been taken from my creditcard as room bond however I'm hoping I get it back. :)
Also the bed was super cloud like and very comfy. Thanks heaps for making it one of the first best of many bad trips I have experienced.

Room Tip: Must choose a lake view room, made the stay twice as good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma S
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Oaks Waterfront Resort. It was fantastic to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and you were greeted upon arrival from one of our friendly staff members.
The $150 security bond is a pre-authorisation which is held within your account. Generally this takes 5 working days to automatically be released from your provider. If you have any problems or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly on 02) 4334 8000. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Didn't have any issues with the property. I made the mistake of reading some other reviews before i went and was ready to be dissappointed. This was not the case. usually when you have a voucher you get a semi average room. the voucher allowed for a studio but they upgraded us to a 1 bedroom without us even asking. True the view was of the carpark but who goes on holidays to spend all the time in their room!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at Oaks Waterfront Resort.
It was pleasing to hear we were able to exceed your expectation. Here at Oaks we continually strive to deliver outstanding customer service and develop from guest feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Oaks Waterfront Resort in the not to distant future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I understand that the hotel rating system gives out stars for the range of features available, NOT the quality or accessibility of those things.
But all things considered, this is not a true four star resort.
Firstly, I will say the rooms were clean, the appliances were all in good condition and the linens and cutlery were nice, but overall the unit felt dated, cramped, and did not project an aura of luxury and relaxation that a 4 star hotel should provide.
It is well located and the views are great. But from the moment you arrive, it feels like they are trying to rip you for every cent. Parking is $15, yet there is a free multi-level council car park next door. I counted 47 cars in there overnight, just on the ground level. Now, there is the Waldorf apartments next door also, but I saw plenty of Oaks guests coming and going from the free car park. We didn't eat here because the restaurant is ridiculously over priced ($38 mains for dinner) and breakfast was around the $15-$20 mark. Within 50m of the resort there is Thai, Indian, seafood, beautiful Vietnamese, gourmet pizza etc, etc. The Vietnamese Pho Bo (beef noodle soup) fed both us adults, for $13. Plus, there is a Coles supermarket within reasonable distance, and a full kitchen with sufficient utensils to cook, should you wish.
The kids wanted Internet, but no Wifi, at all, anywhere in the place. An Ethernet cable is provided, and of course there is a fee. We read there was cable TV, but this is also a myth. I'd imagine you would have to pay for it if it were available. So, with no wifi and no pay TV, the kids hogged the lounge room TV. Simple, we'll use the main bedroom TV, not. No flat screen in the bedroom. No ensuite in the main either. Instead, the five of us shared the one bathroom, which had the toilet in it, not separate. There is no separate shower. It is a stand in the slippery bath with a screen around you set-up.
The pool area was nice, good temperature, the spa likewise. The gym sufficient for a short stay. 1 treadmill, 1 cross trainer, 1 spin cycle, and 1 multi purpose weight machine. There was only 1 lift operating, which slowed things a little.
I just think, in this day and age, a 4 STAR resort should have free Wifi and cable TV. That's a given. If we can get it across the Pacific Islands, Indonesia and SE Asia, than surely the Lucky Country should be providing it, FREE. If there is a free multi storey car park, right next door to your multi storey car park, then make yours free too. Even $5 max, I would have paid $5 for the security, if there is actually some.
Now we had a great time still. A bad day on holiday still beats a good day at work, but it could have and should have been so much better.
Pick your game up and be better than the three star fare you're serving up.

Room Tip: Has reasonable cooking facilities. About the only way you could save money here is to cook your own.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It was great to read you found the rooms to be clean and appliances in good condition. The carpark is privately owned therefore leased out to guests who choose to park in the security parking. The restaurant is not associated with the hotel but I will pass your comments on directly to them. Limited foxtel channels are available in all apartments, we advise to contact reception should you require any assistance in operating televisions.
My apologies we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion, but do hope you will return to the Entrance in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel many times over the years being a stop over a short stay as we travel to my parents upper North Coast . The location is great the water views are great and our room have always been clean and beautifully decorated my kids and myself love this place winter is great the pool is heated and a pleasure to swim in . All staff have been friendly and polite ..I will always be going back Thankyou..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your pleasant experience at Oaks Waterfront Resort. It was fantastic to read you have stayed with on numerous occasions as it is always a pleasure to welcome our repeat guests back to the hotel. Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Chose The Oaks because of its position, which was great. The Foyer was on the nose to say the least, the room on the fourth floor was good with a great view and well equipped, apart from a toilet without a lid, come on, even the caravan parks around the country have lids on their toilets in their amenity blocks. The washing machine was broken and there was a light missing in the bathroom. We expected more. Disappointing for accommodation in this price range.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. It was disappointing to read of the maintenance issues in this apartment. I have addressed these issues with the maintenance department to ensure correct procedures and processes are being followed so we do not have these problems in the future. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort to show this is a one off occurrence.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is really like a home away from home. It has all the
Modern conveniences whilst being located right in front of the beach. There are separate rooms for the adults and kids as well as a well-appointed bathroom, washer and dryer. We arrived at the ghastly hour of 1am in the morning after a long drive back from Queensland. There was a wonderful man at the front desk who was waiting for us to arrive and fixed us up in no time at all. He even said to call if we needed anything. We had a great nights sleep and had a lovely breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. There is a pool located within the hotel, but we didn't get to use it as we had other plans at the beach! Overall, it was a great hotel with very homely facilities and great service. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay. It was nice to read you enjoyed your time with us and all the facilities the apartment had to offer. I will pass on this fantastic feedback to our night staff member. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next stay at Oaks Waterfront.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After booking I was worried about what we would find, some of the reviews were really poor. Overall things were ok, my main gripe is that I object to paying $250 a night and not getting any service! When we booked directly with the resort, we were not informed the price did not include servicing of the room. When we arrived, the information sheet advised us to ask at reception to find out if our room would be serviced, but promised a supply of ammenities if it wasn't. Three tea bags indicated servicing in my mind - three is hardly a supply. I checked, and was advised no servicing. While it wasn't hard to make our bed, or buy some more tea bags, I really object to needing to do that after paying $250 a night for two people. It was not even a top of the range room!

Would I stay again? Nice location, lots to do and nice rooms, but there are other places offering just as much, so probably not, I'll be looking at other options. At least if they advise on booking I know what to expect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksWaterfront, Manager at Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from you stay with us.
I was disappointed to read you were not properly informed upon making your reservation that housekeeping servicing was not included in your stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service here at Oaks, my apologies we fell short on this occasion.
I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Oaks Waterfront in the future and show this was an isolated incident.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Entrance
Ocean Front Motel
#2 of 8 in The Entrance
5 mi away
Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast

Been to Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance? Share your experiences!