“Great location......”

Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in The Entrance
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment, booked with a real estate agent not with the oaks.
We have a couple of issues with the room but the real estate agent fixed promptly. The apartment is a little smaller than expected for a 2 bedder but was satisfactory for our needs. Could do with a minor makeover but again satisfactory. We had a terrific view being on level 5 on the beech/lake side. Because of the terrific location our overall experiece was good, was good for entertaining a youg child with the parks etc. I didnt have to deal with hotel staff because it was privately rented. Was disappointing to find the outside spa not working due to rennovations, the pool was too cold for swimming (was april). If the price is right it is worth staying at the oaks for the location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2011

THE OAKS does not live up to its expensive price tag , it was filthy & the staff were extremely complaisant . not worth the $269 per night! the' fantastic furniture ' was stained , windows & the sills filthy , the wardrobe unuseable & the shower was difficult to get into .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank seganaleqafiji
Reviewed March 3, 2011

After reading the other reviews I was full of trepidation since I already booked the Oaks waterfront at the Entrance. My huband and I took our kids away to celebrate our 15th Wedding anniversary (weird I know but we have no babysitting options at all!). We rang and requested an upgrade as we were staying mid week and I supposed it wouldn't be busy. The very polite lady on the front desk suggested we check the room we were allocated first and see if it met our needs. We checked and it was fine! It looked over the pool/carpark. The beds were fine, the pull out mattress wasn't all that comfy for adults but the kids are light and they didn't seem to mind, both slept well. The pool is getting on a bit, but it serves its purpose, don't know if they use the pool bar much but that's always a nice touch if it is open. While there they performed a fire alarm test, this really upset my son, so I asked another very nice lady at the front desk to explain to him why that has to happen. She was most engaging and made him feel so much better. 2 hours later the adjoining hotel's alarm went off, my son panicked again. To our surprise the phone rang, it was the receptionist, she must have worked out our room number and rang to let my son know it wasn't our hotel and it was just a false alarm. Now that's pretty good service! The only complaint I have is that the weather was crap. We'll be staying again. Oh and the Red Centre Restaurant downstairs has excellent food and the wait staff/chefs are awesome, shame they aren't open for breakfast! The food takes a while to be cooked but it is tasty and the meals are quite large. So definately give the restaurant a shot. And parking, just shoot next door to the Waldorf, parking is free there, not a far walk at all.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank L410
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Hotel has gone downhill since our last stay in 2010. Room was spacious although I did find hairs in the shower. Food is great in the restaurant downstairs. I found the receptionist to be quite rude speaking to other colleagues in the back office behind the reception desk and me having to say excuse me twice before being attended to. Worse part is they demand a credit card pre-authorisation which is pretty much the norm these days but I was told that it would be up to 4 weeks before my funds were released....that is a sham!! Also the so called ocean front views are a distant view of the ocean and a view of the lagoon which has dead rotting and smelling seaweed floating on top. I am a timeshare owner and have stayed here many times throughout the years...and I can definitely see a decline in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We stayed at Oaks Waterfront at The Entrance for a weekend about 7 yrs ago and had a pleasant time, so booked again thinking it would still be good. First impressions went like this: a hotel that looks like it is crumbling away, then a request for payment (though I had pre-paid), a request for a "damage bond", (what sort of people stay here I wondered), being advised $15 parking fee applies even for guests and finally being given a disabled room. Why I don't know, but they changed rooms when we asked. An overall poor first impression. Apparently they are in litigation with the builder to fix the problems with the building. Signs say the renovations will commence this month. The bed was quite good, however the noise factor is very, very high - the pub next door I think. We stayed on a Friday night, maybe it would be OK mid week. The hotel actually suits The Entrance in that it is a bit tired & jaded looking in the summer sun, and grotty & seedy at night. My advice would be to skip this part of the central coast altogether.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AshwoodSydney
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed at the Oaks for my birthday weekend. On first appearance, everything seemed fine, but that was short lived.

The shower had hairs in it, the jet on the bath blew off, there were "little" hairs in the bed and when we came to cooking, the pan had not been cleaned in what looked like years. We had to wash everything before we used it.

Also, when using the dryer, found to my dismay, that it had someone else's underpants in there. There was so much dust underneath the sink that I don't think the floor had ever seen a mop.

When asking the staff a simple question, I felt as though they could not be bothered. There was one particular girl on reception that seemed particularly stressed all of the time and never smiled. Everything seemed just too hard.

I really enjoyed The Entrance but on our next visit, we will definitely be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kyliemmillar
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Lovely location. The views on the seaward side of the resort are awesome. Good sized room clean and comfortable. staff were friendly.
Can't recommend the resturant however although it is not part of the resort. one meal of Salmon was very poor and staff had no ability to resolve the issue. Stay at the resort but find somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Ocean Front Motel
#2 of 9 in The Entrance
5 mi away
Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast

Been to Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance? Share your experiences!