“Consistent with its quality”
Review of Ocean Restaurant

Ocean Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 97 Restaurants in The Entrance
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
2,868 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,846 helpful votes
“Consistent with its quality”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Have never been disappointed here but perhaps we have got to know the menu well. We rarely order a seafood platter and the only time we have in the past couple of years was in New Zealand recently and we felt the same as "thecloverfields" below. The bugs dish is superb and beautifully cooked and the beef is first class quality - the greens are special and cooked just perfectly - still fresh and colourful.
Daniel has a great team and is a chef of great integrity.

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in great restaurant contributed to the great holiday break in Central Coast”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unless there is a phot to prove, otherwise it will be impossible for me to believe the previous review that the seafood platter was disappointing. I had the same dish last week while I was holidaying in Central Coast, the hot and cold seafood platter for two was superb and we feel we paid the right money for the right food. Very happy dining experience and I will definitely return to the restaurant for the great food and excellent services.

Well done the ocean restaurant staff!

Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing for the Price”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

With much anticipation I ordered the hot and cold seafood platter which really should be a cornerstone of a restaurant priding itself on seafood. It was ordered for room service while staying at the hotel. The platter was a decent size overall (though disappointingly there was no lobster and for the price one would expect it) The prawns and bug were good quality. Unfortunately that was were the value, in my opinion ended. The topped oysters and mussels were cold on arrival, and the crab, even for a blue swimmer looked under a legal size and was so tiny that even with the tools provided minimal meat could be salvaged from it. The dipping sauces were too similar in flavour profile, and two out of three sweet to the point of being inedible. By far the worst though, was the blanket thick, almost bread like batter than completely ruined almost every component of the hot part of the platter that was smothered in it. The batter was poorly seasoned, drastically bland, oily and so completely stodgey that one would think it had been collected from a disreputable fish and chip place in a nasty part of town. On removing as much of the batter as possible, the fish itself did not taste fresh and that part of the platter was inedible. The only reason this review gets a 3 star for average, and not a 2 star for poor was the good service I got in terms of the polite guy on the phone, and timely meal delivery, otherwise, Ocean seriously dropped the ball on what should have been a flagship menu item. I'll stay at the Ocean Front Hotel again, but won't be returning to the Ocean restaurant.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank thecloverfields
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

While visiting the spectacular Central Coast for a few days, we had the absolute pleasure of dining at the Ocean. After our very warm welcome, we were seated at a table that took advantage of the night view of The Entrance. We found the menu to have an extensive selection that all sounded so delicious, it was difficult to make a choice. Although, after hearing the Fish of the Day item of pan fried silver dory with prawns, sugar snaps and risotto, I was sold and it certainly exceeded my expectations. My partner had an entree of Seafood Treasures, which I was extremely grateful he let me try - divine! We finished off with dessert, cheese and a impressive Kahlua coffee. Each course was beautifully presented, the service was impeccable and for the amazing quality of food, we thought reasonably priced. We have dined in some outstanding restaurants around Australia and would rate this above most. We only wish we had Ocean Restaurant in our home city, as we would definitely be regulars.

Sydney, Australia
“21st birthday - best ever meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We enjoyed our nieces (Em) 21st birthday party for about 30 family and friends on a Saturday at the Ocean. The snapper was superb, truly one of the best meals I've had for many many years. Everyone who attended was in awe of the wonderful food we enjoyed. Congratulations to the team who made our 21st celebration truly super. Oh and I forgot to mention the view!!

• Visited June 2013