“How to spoil your birthday and mother's day... just book at the Ocean!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Restaurant

Ocean Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in The Entrance
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“How to spoil your birthday and mother's day... just book at the Ocean!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Imagine our surprise yesterday when we arrived at noon to celebrate our Mother's Day lunch and a birthday at Ocean Restaurant. Only to be told there was no booking for us!!! I had booked it earlier in the week and was told there was a table available. I gave my mobile no. and name and explained how important it was for us. All good. And then this yesterday ... no apology, no attempt to smooth over the situation - but a bald-faced lie that they had tried to ring me and had left a message... oh really?????????? No message on my mobile. No message on my home number. In fact, total silence and no communication whatsoever! And we had travelled from Sydney.

So all our plans were in tatters and we had to try and find somewhere else. Well, we had lunch at Jinja around at the Entrance waterway - and their service and helpfulness was tremendous. Such a far cry from the indifference of Ocean Restaurant who couldn't give a damn about what happened to us. Jinja was very enjoyable, right on the water and they fitted us in before the actual booking. The food was deliciously fresh and the service was excellent. The atmosphere was fun and sunny with great views. They certainly made us feel welcome.

I can't comment on the food at Ocean Restaurant - but I can comment on the lack of client service and indifference and what obviously was poor organisation. How could they mess up so badly????? And not a care about how we felt at all!!!!!!! Not even an apology. Nothing.

Make sure you confirm or this could happen to you ... that's if you can be bothered going. I'm not.

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
2,760 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,796 helpful votes
“Never tire of the food and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Although by city standards, food on the coast is expensive, what sets the Ocean Restaurant apart is the quality of the food and cooking.
We come here regularly and are always happy to pay that little extra if the quality is there.
Whereas many restaurants on the coast seem to be feeling the pinch, a typical response seems to be to go for a less expensive standard of produce.
Not so at the Ocean Restaurant - the quality of the beef and seafood is consistently of the highest standards.
The chefs are superb and consistently deliver a top quality.
Apart from all of this, the view is stunning - watching a full moon rise across the waves is absolutely amazing..

1 Thank RonWamberal
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Superb Hot and Cold Seafood Platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We dined at the restaurant last Sat night, and what a great experience. The service was 1st class, even though they were busy. The staff wer knowledgable and recommended a great bottle of wine. The Platter was one of the best that we have had. The batter on the hot food was very light so that you didnt get overfull. The dipping sauces were to die for. My husband and I then had a magnificent dessert each. He had the passionfruit marshmellow which he raved over and I had the chocolate mousse cake. The only little criticism of it is that it was a little hard, probably needed to be out of the fridge a little longer. Would suggest you take a map or GPS in your car as it is out of the way and not easy to find at night.

2 Thank Christine W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Love the food from ocean restaurant! Its is so flavoursome and and presented so beautifully. The people are so lovely and friendly . service is A class.
Best seafood on the central coast it taste amazing!!!

1 Thank Daniel198912
“Gold class restaurant with first class service on the coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've dined at many restaurants, but going to Ocean Restaurant made me want to write my first review.
First I was greeted from a well groomed staff member with a warm welcoming smile who opened the door for us. We were then taken to our window table where we were memorized by the amazing view.
The staff were very knowledgable in food and wine that made me comfortable to relax and enjoy the experience.
I'm fussy and the lovely waitress i think her name was Mel was very accommodating to ensure the amazing kitchen team knew how I liked my food.
My experience at Ocean from beginning to end was brilliant. If you live or are visiting the Central Coast the Restaurant is a must! I'm looking forward to my next fine dining experience at Ocean Restaurant.