“Horrible breakfast”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014

After walking down the main strip, we were drawn in by their " buy one get one for $7 " deals. Bad choice.
i got veggie eggs, the toast and eggs were cold, and the mushrooms which looked like they had been sitting in an oven for a few days, were horrible. i couldn't even eat them. and the avocado was hard. My partner got eggs Benedict which were a little bit better, still not great.
Although i have only had breakfast from here, i would not go back for anything else.

Such a shame considering its such a good location.
On the other hand , the service was ok. The girl was lovely, but they could use more staff as she was the only one we saw the whole time.

1  Thank Madeline M

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had two meals here while staying at the Oaks Waterfront Resort. We had dinner on our first night. My daughter had flathead and chip and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had lobster morning and it was so bad I didn't finish it. I believe I located 2 pieces of lobster and the rest tasted like "mush". I am fairly certain that they had added a mixture of mashed potato and some sort of cheap fish substitute. I was appalled by the dish. The only other meal we had was breakfast on our last morning and it was quite reasonable. Had the standard bacon and eggs and it was nice. Coffee was okay, fresh juices were lovely. Very reasonably priced breakfast.

2  Thank TheGriswalls
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I couldn't wait to write this review and I don't normally do any. This is to warn others of the misleading ad and the false façade this place put on. No one can deny the top spot the place is located right in the midst of a crowded and spectacular waterview. We should've stopped there and didn't go in, but we did as curiosity killed the cat.
We got seated straight away...the place was just starting to fill. It took about 10 minutes to get served and 15 minutes to get our first drinks. We ordered the meanest and biggest looking steaks at top prices..the waitress even gave us a devilish smirk and told us 'goodluck' (didn't really know what that meant-perhaps she was referring to the crappy service we would receive later on.
Half an hour or so later we got our meals...the steaks were excellent, the lobsters were terrible the sauce was even worse...it was like baby food puked out by a baby. the kids fish and chips mustve been alright as the kids inhaled them all, eventhough the fish looked like from aldis frozen aisle. we were waiting for our side salads for so long one of us had to go the front to get someone but no one was there to serve..so he waited by the kitchen door to catch anyone who came out first. we eventually got our salads but missing one. We waived at the girl who served us to bring out the kids ice creams which we didn't get. As we were leaving I tapped our waitress' shoulder while she was playing the kids computer game and told her the missed salad and sweets..she apologised and said "well why? they didn't come out?" I told her "NO they didn't because you didn't tell anyone..we were watching you all this time."
My counterparts went and complained at the counter to fetch the manager. well, guess who the manager was? Of course it was our waitress who poorly served us and was more than happy to play computer games than bloody served us our meals! What a joke!
All in all it was an expensive waste of time for crappy meals and crappier service.

5  Thank Roz B
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The food here is great - the breakfast is large and well worth the cheap price. Its lovely to sit outside and watch the world go by on the boardwalk. However, the service is really quite lacking and you can sometimes wait up to an hour for a drink to be delivered. We went inside asking after the drinks 3 times (an an hour wait) only to be told they were still on their way. My advice if you are planning breakfast here - get there early before everyone wakes up and you will have great food and pretty good service for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Erin W
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my gf were spending our last night at the entrance before heading back to syd and we tried this steakhouse in January. It is in a good location with water view.

Initially we were planning to order the special deal which is a bucket of prawn with 2 corona but we decided to go for the steak. I have uploaded some photos and the wagyu steak was magnificent, juicy indeed!

It is hard to get the attention of waitress after u have done ur ordering.

Overall it was pretty good(a little pricy though) downside of the night would be that one of the salad taste like dish washer - I think it wasn't washed properly which lowered my rating.