“a big letdown”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

it has been a long time since I have wrote a review, but I felt this place deserves it. This place has a good location but they are abusing this privilige, by charging top dollar for under par service and steaks. On a Saturday night, you would think this would be the busiest night of the week, so it was baffling to see only 3 staff on board. Following that, we ordered 2 ribeye on the bone and a steak sandwich. Priced at $38 you would expect a good steak for that price, however, the meat was very bland and basic. I appreciate it can be hard to do steak well, but if you charge these prices then you should aim to get it right. Not only that, you get a potato side and a salad, which all sounds great value. So if you go to the hassle of asking us what salad you would like and which dressing, it would be nice to see this accompany the food. But needless to say no salad appeared. I must have a got a bad night, and having passed on our comments on the night, there was only a vague apology issued but no effort to take the complaint seriously. I assume they get complaints quite often given that price does not match quality.
Anyway, several other eateries are in the area so I would try something else. I hate writing negative reviews, but this one was warranted.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Disgusting rude service our cup of tea came with dirt in the bottom of the cup my husband had a hugh chip in his cup I was overcharged never eat there again worst place for customer service I have encounted.

1  Thank vicki w
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went there last night a group of seven and our birthday girl got the biggest clump of hair in her side of mushrooms. The size of the steaks were tiny and not even pub quality.
The salted pepper squid I had tasted like cinnamon (disgusting) and when I queried about that the waitres told me it was in the ingredients that was not mentioned in the menu. Will NEVER GO BACK

1  Thank Papitazoe
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Down stairs from where we stayed and we loved it so much after a delicious lunch we went back for dinner.

There are not enough people serving and the place is very popular and crowded.

The food was delicious, such a variety and caters for special diets as well.

Some dishes are rather over priced but on a whole good value.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

It's in a good location, the service was friendly. The steaks were over cooked and the whole meal tasted bland like it was pre frozen. It should have been a cheap meal but it was actually expensive.

1  Thank Frankmil