“Service?”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had breakfast here the other day. Greeted at the door and not shown to a table - just pointed in the general direction. Seemed to be staff around but mostly texting on phones or talking to each other. One or two staff working hard while the others just seemed to be walking around. Finally someone saw us and placed our order. Drinks came early but a LONG wait for food. Finally got an Eggs Benedict and vegetarian meal. Was OK but not that good. Even with the special price for the second meal it was not good value. Very disappointing as there are many options around for breakfast. Try somewhere else.

There are newer reviews for Red Centre Steakhouse

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Do not bother with this place. I think the majority of comments say it all. The service is horrible the food is terrible and not cooked properly and because it was Sunday they wanted to charge myself and my girlfriend $12 on top of the bill - a surcharge for them being open on a Sunday, which they reduced to $6?
Pathetic, waste of money. Go to one of the other 20 cafés instead.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Waited 45 min for food (basic brekky), then stung $6 on a $38 bill for "Sunday surcharge", as explained by the smarmy B grade waiter. Avoid.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I went to this cafe (restaurant) for a light snack and a cappuccino. The waitress told us if we ordered a muffin they had a special deal and we could have the coffees for just one extra dollar each. We never thought to ask the price of the muffin but we know they are usually in the $3 -$4.50 range. We were horrified when the bill came to $19.80 for 2 muffins and 2 cappuccinos - especially as the cappuccinos were $1 each. That means that each muffin cost $8.90. We complained and said they would have to be the most expensive muffins in Australia. The waitress replied that they were special muffins and were made in a special factory where all their cakes are made. They tasted pretty ordinary to us.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The ten years that I have lived on the coast I have never been so discussed in anyone's service as much as I did these guys ....it took them 20 minutes to give us a menu which we had to ask for it took another 50 mins for them to bring our dinner out when we finally got it the chicken looked liked a dried up pieces of fish that had been broken into pieces and it didn't taste much better either I think my dogs would have turned their nose up at it we had to ask for cutlery 3 times and the side serve of chips that I got for $8 with 5 chips and some gravy the staff were rude was only upon eating our food did the ask 'was the meal ok'? The toilets were feral and that's being nice I will not be going back there or recommending anyone to go there ...I could only imagine what the tourist would think being the weekend of CHROME FESTIVAL 2013