“Pleasant motel with great views”
Review of Ocean Front Motel

Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in The Entrance
Canberra, Australia
“Pleasant motel with great views”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Picked this motel as it had noted views over the Pacific. It lived up to the hype with a lovely view across the beach and up towards The Entrance.

Friendly and quick booking process and into a clean and average size motel room. The balcony was a good size suitable for a nice relaxing time looking over the ocean. Nice to have covered parking.

Only quibbles were the air conditioning wasn't up to the job - took most of the night to get enough heat - the bathroom was awkward as the door swung into the useable space.

Room Tip: Go for one of the ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loud1Canberra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Binnaway, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

best views,,great friendly staff, we loved every minute of our stay.Sleep to the sound of the ocean and to wake up to the view was amazing.We enjoyed our first stay so much we went back a month later and stayed a week,looking forward to our next stay in January.Bring it on.

Room Tip: second level or top level rooms for the best views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brad S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

There is a definite charm about this place, great clean room, balcony with hot tub and a spa in the bathroom made this room perfect for a relaxing and quiet couple of days away. Lovely touches with the two free bottles of water and cookies. The negatives, my room phone and wifi didn't work at all, I didn't report it because they weren't significant issues for me. The guy at reception probably asked one too many questions about me, which as a solo female traveller I found a bit creepy (especially with a dead room phone and dubious locks on the door). For my preference, the bed was quite hard, but some people might like that, the kettle left a terrible taste in the water and the food from the Ocean Restaurant downstairs was memorable only for the fact that I paid way too much for what was quite a mediocre meal. However! when it comes down to it, these were all minor things when you consider what the place has to offer. You can easily waste a day between the hot tub and the balcony just staring at the ocean, for the price, it's a great place and I look forward to staying again. The fridge was ample to keep food in so I will bring more of my own next time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thecloverfields
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Everyday room Service is great! Great location directly on the beach! We stayed on the top floor with our own private hot tub! Fairly small rooms but very clean and great value for money! The cleaners even top up your cookie jar everyday :p overall great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Whymel7
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you're looking for a relaxing weekend away from Sydney, check out Ocean Front Motels. A staff member of mine at Tile Factory Outlet occassionally visits this motel with family and friends to get away from Sydneys rat race and has advised for me to check it out. for those interested, it is located near the entrance rock pools and there are rooms that come with their own internal spa bath and hot tub on the balcony overlooking the ocean. the rooms are very clean, the bathrooms are spacious and its close to the main shops and mainstreet of the entrance. They even have their own amazing seafood restaurant downstairs if you don't feel like travelling too far for dinner. The onsite parking is a + and I advise booking a room on level 2 and 3 for the best views. in the evening, when the ocean breeze picks up, you can see the Cargo ships out in the distance all while you relax in the privacy of your own hot tub on the balcony, sipping on a glass of bubbly and listening to the waves crash against the shore. All the roooms come with the basics such as TV, air con, desk, fridge etc with fresh towels and linen delivered each morning. Check out is 10am for those keen on getting some extra sleep or for those trying to round the kids up. The price is reasonable and worth every cent and is suited for both families and couples. if you want to book a room for end of december start of january, my advice is to book months ahead!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lukejohnson
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here two nights and loved the whole experience. We paid extra for a room with a spa on the balcony and enjoyed every minute. With the views and sound of the ocean we were in heaven! The rooms are massive and we had everything we needed. The shower and bathroom were a decent size also and I loved all the dispensers of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, moisturiser, hand wash and even shaving cream! The service was also amazing, as this was a surprise for my partner we left late on Friday and the lovely girl at reception called me to see how we were travelling and even sent me a text with the safe combination for the keys so I didn't have to worry about getting in late. In reception they have a large variety of movies that you can hire for $5 each also. We took the short stroll down to the main street everyday it is a great walk.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor as we had nosy people above us that kept looking over the balcony while...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimy_Baby
Richmond NSW Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been to this Motel twice with my Mum who needs a disability room. Both times the room was clean, tidy and spacious. I love the fact that I can wheel Mum out onto the balcony in her wheelchair so that she can sit and watch the ocean. I have moved the single bed, so that it is against the big glass window/sliding door. Mum has been able to lie in bed and watch the sun rise.
The rates in the off season was very reasonable. My only complaint is the facilities in the bathroom are not quite adequate. A proper over toilet seat with frame would be so much better and a proper shower chair is something I would highly recommend as the out door plastic chairs can very easily snap. My mother found it a little bit difficult to even step over the small hob into the shower. The staff are very friendly & helpful. Especially Sara. I have really enjoyed my stays with them & would go there again with or without Mum.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kims Beachside Retreat
Kims Beachside Retreat
#1 of 1 in Toowoon Bay
Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance

Been to Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!