“BASIL WOULD BE PROUD, LOOK ELSEWHERE”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Seasalt Restaurant

Seasalt Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 78 Restaurants in Terrigal
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Seasalt Restaurant offers sweeping views of Terrigal beach and serves some of the finest cuisine you will find on the Central Coast. Open seven days a week for breakfast lunch and dinner, a meal at Seasalt could be as light as a buffet breakfast or as indulgent as degustation dining. A buffet breakfast at Seasalt is the recommended way to start a day at Crowne Plaza Terrigal. Sweeping views of the sun rising over the ocean can be enjoyed with fresh juice and a selection of hot and cold treats. Seasalt is an equally attractive lunch and dinner destination, with 2 course, 3 course or 7 course degustation menu options. The menu showcases produce sourced as much as possible from local suppliers. If you are planning a decadent degustation, please book in advance.
Warnervale, Australia
“BASIL WOULD BE PROUD, LOOK ELSEWHERE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Don't know why we returned again. Booked a table for 2 for 6pm, 30.1.2014. When we arrived we were asked if we had a reservation, which I thought amusing as no one else in restaurant apart from staff, I jokingly asked if we needed one and then confirmed our booking. Quickly shown to a window table with beautiful views over Terrigal Beach, this was probably the best part of the evening.
Looked after by Courtney, who was most attentive and quickly responded to our requests.
The table was unstable so we asked to rectify, table stabilised.
Ordered the sourdough bread with roast garlic and parsley butter, the butter was frozen and so difficult to spread. When we asked for additional butter we requested it be warmed in microwave.
Decided on the Two Corse Menu with a glass of house wine, which appeared great value at $40.
The Entrée was Bouillabaisse & Saffron Broth with Salad of poached Seafood, which sounded so good The hot dark broth was tasteless and required copious salt and pepper to flavour, we went searching for the seafood which we finally found at the bottom of the bowl to be several slivers of tasteless calamari and nothing else. The chef's interpretation of bouillabaisse does not do justice to this traditional French fish stew.
The Main was Cornfed Chicken Breast, Saute Potatoes, Broccolini & Pan Juices. This was most enjoyable, the chicken was plump and moist, generous serving of vegetables and tasty pan juices, notwithstanding this I am sure my wife does better than this at home.
We also shared the Chocolate Tasting Plate, which was excellent.
I will go elsewhere in future as there are superior restaurants in the immediate area.
I felt sorry for our waitress, who looked after us so well in view of the ordinary meal.
I am still amazed that a Hotel of this calibre would happy with meals delivered.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul R

Sydney
“don't waste your money on the Seafood Assiettes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Poor value for money. I highly doubt the chef tasted any of the food before sending it out. Most of the seafood has clearly been frozen and then defrosted.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Alio8
Terrigal, Australia
“Getting Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Personally, I feel this restaurant has definitely lifted its game from my previous experiences. The menu is very good, the service far more attentive to one's requests than before and a more than adequate wine list. The views are a real bonus.
Breakfast is a great option with many options, although you would expect this from a Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The views, of course, are one of the restaurant's highlights.
However, having said all this, it is still expensive so my advice would be to check menu/prices before booking.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Phillip8789
Hervey Bay
“Should be called the Jolly Roger”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Very ordinary experience on the whole.... I had booked a group event with some friends to celebrate a special birthday. For simplicities sake, we chose the 'group dining set menu' - our waitress had handed out some incorrect menus; so we were fairly abruptly told 'you can't have that'.
The menu was emailed to me ahead of time - and I didn't honestly pay attention, but the price varies considerably depending on what night of the week you dine..... $20 per person variance for Friday or Saturday night.
Some of our party chose two courses, some three. I chose the quail for entree, my partner had the scallops. Although the serving was small (4 tiny scallops served on shells) they were reportedly nice.... However, hardly value at $7 per scallop.... Really?
I had the quail - it was dry, and not particularly appetising.
Main was lamb (stringy) and hubby had salmon (overcooked and dry).
Dessert was a bit underwhelming and best described as boring.
While the food wasn't too exciting, the bill was..... +$1350 for our party on the 'set menu' prices .... It was a bit of a shock for pretty average food, and an ordinary dining experience.
After dinner we adjourned next door to The Lord Ashley bar - this is a beautiful room with comfy chairs and big windows overlooking Terrigal beach. The place was practically deserted (about 11pm) with an awful DJ pumping out 'doof doof' music! Too loud to talk and not nearly happening enough to be a nightclub ....completely wrong and missing the mark for that room and this venue.
All of this too, on the Friday night between Christmas and new year. The place should have been packed!
We have been coming to Terrigal and the Crowne Plaza for over 20 years, to celebrate many of life's great events. We have had weddings, birthdays, christenings.... All sorts of parties over the years. Last Friday's disappointed me greatly.... Expensive (for what it was) and ordinary.
Sad to see, really.

2 Thank SueP00
Sydney, Australia
2,831 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,827 helpful votes
“Great view and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We gave up coming here for dinner some time ago as we could never accept the ordinary food, small portions and poor value (and poor service). However the view is to die for and I love the atmosphere just opposite the beach.
The best alternative then is to enjoy breakfast here - it's mainly a buffet but they are doing it better now.
Excellent omelettes and wonderful fruit smoothies.

• Visited October 2013