“It's the whole package”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reef Restaurant

Reef Restaurant
Reserve with
Reef Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Terrigal
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The combination of one of the Central Coast’s most scenic locations, market-fresh food, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere makes the Reef Restaurant your ultimate dining experience. Our dedicated team is committed to serving you consistent and creative dishes in a relaxed and pleasurable setting. Our chefs visit the Sydney markets on a daily basis to source new produce for the menu and these relationships ensures that all of our produce is market fresh and of the highest quality.
Terrigal, Australia
“It's the whole package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Beautiful view backed up with great food , great service , amazing wine list . Menu changes quite regularly . Can always get parking great for a long lunch or dinner

Visited January 2013

Berkeley Vale, New South Wales, Australia
“Spectacular !!! The View , the food and the service !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I wanted to give my fiance a lunch with a bit of a WOW factor , so my friend recommended The Reef at Terrigal. My fiance has complicated dietrary conditions so I rang a few days in advance to see if they could accomodate us . Most places find it difficult to do special requests like ours , so I was expecting her to have a limited experience . However the management at The Reef couldn't have been more accomodating . At there encouragement I was able to send them a comprehensive list of ingredients and suggest meals to make it easier ... I need not have worried , as they went above and beyond in making our dining experience memorable . We were greeted and seated by our waiter at a table with the most spectacular views of Terrigal . My fiance was blown away from the very start with the views and was made to feel comfortable and reassured that her needs had been taken care of . The level of professionalism and discretion shown towards us was brilliant .

Now for the dining experience ! We started with a pork belly entre and a mix dozen of their range of oysters . The pork was perfect and tasty and the oysters were amazingly fresh . To taste all the different ways they can do oysters left me wanting to come back and order my favourite one's immediately . The only problem was that I was unable to decide which one was best , they were all so tasty ! For our mains we both had the beef . So succulent and cooked exacty as I had requested . My fiance was made a special sauce which was so good I kept stealing some of it for myself . You could tell they buy the best quality beef , as it was so tender and our knives sliced through so easily ... I highly recommend the cafe paris butter ! Now desert was where I was blown away by the level of effort the people at The Reef went to to accommodate us , they created a desert for my fiance that was unlike anything on the menu . A specially prepared dish that was so well presented that two other diners asked the waitress what dish it was ! As she had already experience me stealing some her sauce from her main meal , she closely guarded this dish ... No sharing this time as she devoured every crumb from the biscuit , every bit of fresh fruit and every drop of creme fresh ! I was more than happy with my souffle , so no dissapointment , just a touch of jelousy !

In summary , I can't thank the management and staff enough for the accomodating , professional and friendly service we were given . The best meal we have had together . A spectacular experience !

Thanks for going above and beyond in making our special lunch so memorable . We will be back soon !

“Fantastic evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Reef left us very impressed. The wine list is comprehensive. The wine was selected was beautiful, from a boutique winery.
The oysters were very tasty, I recommend the mixed platter to all.
The seafood starter was beautiful, with the salmon and the tuna stand outs.
My partner and I both had pork belly entree instead of main. It was good, but the seafood that lead up to it overshadowed it.
Service was very good, our waiter ensured our glass was never dry, and he made us feel welcome.
Don't visit the central coast without a visit here.

Sydney, Australia
“A great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

A perfect location for a Sunday afternoon lunch, or any other occasion for that matter! Creative, flavoursome and well executed food accompanied by an unbeatable outlook and friendly and extremely attentive (without being imposing) staff. Leisa was particularly good. A truly enjoyable lunch and as good as it gets on the Coast.

Sydney
“Great View Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Reef restaurant stands on the Terrigal peninsula with its sweeping sea views. It is in a popular recreational area with plenty of parking. The venue and surrounding area are ideal for outdoor weddings and indoor receptions.

The restaurant can host large receptions, but seems overly spacious when just the restaurant is operating. Thus, it is probably not ideal for a cozy, intimate dinner. However, if you are into impressing people, the uninterrupted views are a knockout.

We were a group of four and were there for a Saturday lunch. The decor is rather bland with most tables squeezed along the long stretch of windows, but with a pair of binoculars at each table.

Service was impeccable. Staff were all neat and uniformed. They were polite, non-intrusive and knowledgeable about the food. Service was professional and timely, with little delay between courses. They even knew when to open the windows as the wind dropped.

The food was enjoyable and reasonably priced, but nothing extraordinary. A wide selection of wines by the bottle and the glass were available.

Be warned the, the Reef has the annoying habit of applying surcharges on weekends (3.00pp) and holidays (6.50pp) and corkage is $12.00 per bottle if you bring your own wine. Be prepared to pay extra for sparkling water, bread and side dishes. And,then they expect a tip. I get annoyed when I see these add-on charges, as you rarely see them in Europe. It seems to be unique to Australia. However, the charges are all flagged on their menu and their website.

Overall, I would return, just for the view.