“Amazing service”

Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Terrigal
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at the terrigal pacific not long ago and had an amazing time! The view of the pool was great and the newly refurbished rooms were perfect for my stay! Anna at reception was very warming on our arrival and made us feel welcome as soon as we stepped in the door!
I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
TPCRadmin, Manager at Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Blockers_77,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights last week. I didn't book in advance but Tony Wilkinson the General Manager showed me his available rooms and I decided to stay.
He had only just taken over the hotel seven weeks ago. The rooms had already been upgraded with new comfy beds and giant tvs. The rooms are self catering studios and were spotless. Mine, and most overlooked the lovely pool area. Just as I was there wifi was being upgraded too and the service was fully up and running by the time I left, as promised. However Tony tried to do everything in his power to ensure I was able to Facetime my boyfriend at the beginning of my stay. I could tell how committed he was to giving all his guests the best service possible.
The property overlooks the lake and is about 10 minutes walk from Terrigal. but as there is not a lot of affordable accommodation on the beach this suited me fine. As a single woman I felt safe.
The bathrooms are dated, but I imagine they will be upgraded gradually.
I would highly recommend this lovely hotel and thank Tony for his warmth and energy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank carmgirlSurrey
TPCRadmin, Reception at Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Carmgirlsurrey,

We are glad that you were looked after. We have upgraded our bathrooms prior to your stay. We encourage you to come and visit us again to see the finished product.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the whole experience. From when we checked in to when we checked out. Staff are friendly, reliable, welcoming and well informative. We stayed in a loft and it was fantastic, the room was so clean and spotless, it had double balconies, both over looking the pool which was very tropical feeling and beautiful. The kitchen facilities are fantastic, they offered microwaves and stove top which made it very very easy to cook for ourselves. The kitchen had everything. Two tv's one downstairs in the lounge room that over looked the pool and one upstairs at the end of the bed. Both bathrooms where very very clean. We had a great time here, I will recommend it to anyone and all of my family and friends. I would like to thank the staff and owner that made our stay that more comforting.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TPCRadmin, Front Office Manager at Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Bec,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were comfortable. We have made our studios, lofts and 2 bedroom apartments even better by upgrading and replacing old equipment/furniture.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

So to resolve any confusion for people doing their research - the Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat used to be called the Terrigal Pacific Motel - same location, same motel, different owners.

When I booked through Wotif, I booked under the previous name Terrigal Pacific Motel. When I googled and researched, I could only find info under the old name - this was confusing, down to the point where Google Maps on my phone was saying it was "Permanently closed". Well it's not closed, it changed hands in Nov/Dec last year. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up in case anyone else was scratching their head.....

So, our experience when we arrived was ok. The room we were originally put into had a really bad smell and I'm not trying to be overly negative, but it did smell. The door that opened to a balcony wouldn't close properly and kept slamming closed with the wind so the gentleman at reception was kind enough to move us to a pool side room, this was really nice and made up for the first rooms issues.

I mistakenly looked at the old website when researching so thought that there was Wifi - this was incorrect. There was no wifi available in the rooms, we were offered to sit in the reception area to use their wifi but this isn't really ideal when you're on holiday.....

The location is pretty good for the price that you pay, it is a short walk to the main beach that has lots of restaurants and shops.

Overall the experience was ok but I probably won't return.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are great, you can walk straight from your room to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Rinnikin,

Thank you for clearing that up with everyone. When you had stayed with us we had very recently taken over/changed ownership as you know. We were thrown in the deep end and wanting to start immediate renovations as we also didn't like the state the complex was in.

We can happily say that we do have our Free WiFi working and have not had any complaints. We hope you do give us a second chance and experience our brand new rooms and facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

TPCR

Reviewed February 8, 2014

the rooms where great ,Tony the owner is a real nice person , the bed was the best bed to sleep in, we like the motel and would recommend it to our friends we are going back for a weekend in March.this time we are staying in an apartment with our family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
TPCRadmin, Reception at Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was undertaking a university placement nearby, and stumbled upon this place online.

Although it's not located in the centre of Terrigal, it's a 2 minute drive (10 minute walk) to the main attractions. Also, there is a huge shopping centre (Erina Fair, with all the majors and cinema, restaurants etc.) about 10 minutes drive down the road.

The room was clean and modern. The kitchenette was well equipped (cuttlery, crockery, cooking utensils) and had a cooktop and convection microwave oven. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a leather couch which folded out into a bed.

The big (50") TV had great reception with all FTA digital channels, and included a few Foxtel channels (Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3, Movie Premier, Cartoon Network and FOX8).

The door/windows folded out fully on to a nice balcony (overlooking the pool in this room).

There is free (very fast - 17.79Mbps) wifi internet available.

The staff were very friendly. If I'm ever up this way again, I will not hesitate to stay here. Great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
TPCRadmin, Receptoin at Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Hi Ben-feo,

We are thrilled that you found our facilities and rooms so pleasing! It does help us knowing you opinions. We would be happy to accommodate you again in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Regards,
Anna.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights just after new years, had no booking but were accommodated late evening and also upgraded to loft room for one of the 3 nights. Rooms were very clean and beds / sofa very comfortable. Large glass doors open to balcony and give great views of the large swimming pool. Tony and all other staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for making our short break a memorable one. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try to book a loft room, it gives parents a little bit of privacy from the kids. Also provides a sec...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison T

Hi Alison T,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at Terrigal Pacific! We hope to see you in the near future! Maybe you can try one of our other rooms to get another view!

Thank you for taking the time out too review our place.

Take care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrigal
Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific
Tiarri Terrigal
Tiarri Terrigal
#3 of 6 in Terrigal
Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast

Been to Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat? Share your experiences!