Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific
Terrigal Hotel(Terrigal)
  • Restaurant
Apollo Resort(Wamberal)
  • Pool
Forresters Beach Resort(Forresters Beach)
  • Pool
Bateau Bay Hotel(Bateau Bay)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,144 results
All reviewsacross the roadsea saltlord ashleyan ocean view roomseasalt restaurantcentral coastflorida beach barbar downstairsbuffet breakfaststeam rooman upgradeshort breakper nighthigh teagreat spotgreat weekendspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We came her for an anniversary weekend. The staff were lovely and very accomodating, but the amenities were very dated. The bathrooms are large but have an inexplicably small shower bath combo. If they updated these to a proper shower or large spa tub it would be much better. Also the bathrobes were stiff and starchy, a little fabric softener would go a long way.

The whole building feels old and a bit run down. It is being renovated, which will hopefully bring it back to life. The area is pleasant and the beach is lovely.

We ate at the Sea Salt restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Dinner was great. The steak was fantastic and the wine selection was good. Breakfast was fine, but expensive for the quality. It is standard buffet style (the bacon is always disappointing, greasy and chewy). There was nothing wrong with it, but next time we would try one of the many local organic cafes. Better value and more interesting menu options.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnyaNZ
Lachlan W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear AnyaNZ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and congratulations on your anniversary.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our beachside location and surrounds, dinner in our signature restaurant Seasalt and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff.

We regret that on this occasion, however, you found our amenities to be outdated. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovations so I'm sure the next time you stay you will notice the difference.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My partner have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Terrigal many times over the nine years we have been together. It has always been our favourite place to go as we always enjoy the experience. Unfortunately the last two times we have been there we have been greatly disappointed. The breakfast while expensive has always been great but this time was terrible. The mushrooms were shrivelled up little black things- the omelette wasn't cooked properly. The food is cold the pastries were nearly all gone by eight thirty and weren't replenished while we were there in well over an hour. The staff are great there but that doesn't make up for the overpriced hotel that it has become. If another four star resort opened there the Crowne would be gone... They need nice new showers not old baths with shower curtains - who does that anymore? And having to pay $18.00 a night for parking when you are already paying to stay there? We had room service one night for dinner my salmon was overcooked and my tomato basil and fetta salad had one bit of fetta in it. Overall not impressed and unfortunately wont be going back and that is a shame because we have great memories of the Hotel in better days.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lifestylechoice
Lachlan W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your return visit to the hotel.

If you would like to contact myself directly, I would be pleased to discuss your comments with you further in person in regard to Seasalt Restaurant and Room Service.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, the room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was nice, but I hate shower curtains, they seem gross and dirty. The view from the balcony was great and looked right over the ocean and pool area. The spa was lovely and warm and uncover. We did order room service and it wasnt great, food took 1.5 hours to come, it was mostly cold and they forgot a salad which tasted horrible, the dressing on it was inedible. The hotel is big and spacious, we barely saw anyone else and it felt comfortable with artwork and nice furniture. Service was professional

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Lachlan W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Fleur C

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotels service, location and facilities. We regret the problems experienced with room service and are reviewing the service standards from the feedback you have provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here for a night with my partner. I’ve never been disappointed from staying on an IHG property, but I must say, Crowne plaza Terrigal was a bit disappointing.

Reception staff that checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. We ordered a room service dinner and after spending a few minutes trying to call through in room dining, we realised our room phone didn’t work. So we called them with my mobile phone and ordered our dinner. Food took over 45 minutes to arrive to our room. We had to call through the hotel’s number to find out where our food was, as we couldn’t call directly to in room dining. Finally food arrived, the salmon was cooked to my request and absolutely delicious! However, it was cold. My mash was cold as well and the vegetables were warm. The fettuccine however, was still warm but overcooked and mushy! AND lastly, the soup had already skinned when it had arrived to us… also, my partner pulled out a big piece of plastic from his mouth that was from the soup! (Photo is attached!). Bread rolls did come with our meal which was a nice touch. The table trolley it was served in was really old and rusty as well.

After our meal, we decided to crack open the wine from the minibar. As I poured out the wine, I found lipstick was still on the glass from the previous guest! Again, photo will be attached! We called the hotel again with my mobile to ask for a new glass to be sent up. It was extremely frustrating as we were upset enough, but our phone wasn’t working! The issue was brought up with the staff that sent us the glasses. She did deal with the issue very well and was sincerely sorry. She did try to make up for it by giving us another bottle of wine.

In the morning, our paper was not left at our room as promised, but that wasn’t a big issue.

Upon checking out these issues were brought up to the receptionist and was dealt with professionally. They didn’t charge us for the in room dining (as my partner who ordered his fettuccine was very upset at the quality of the food).

The breakfast buffet is amazing though! Service was great, however it seemed as the staff was constantly clearing food (even when I haven't finished it). They had freshly squeezed juices and a great variety of omelettes. Also had pancakes and waffles! The continental breakfast was also very delicious! Definitely recommend you to check that out.

Overall, well done on the staff for dealing with these issues professionally and very smoothly (not all staff take actions when these issues occur at other hotels) and we left happy. However, I hope these issues get addressed and doesn’t happen to another guest!!

Just an FYI, we requested a room with the ocean view, however you can't enjoy much of it as trees along the walkway was covering it. Not really worth paying the extra for a better view.

Room Tip: No point in requesting for an ocean view room as the view is covered by trees.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cchoi93
Lachlan W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear cchoi93

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is disappointing to hear of the problems that you encountered as this is certainly not to our usual standard. I am pleased that my team were able to speak to you whilst at the hotel and apologise in person and that the rest of your stay was to a higher standard.

Please let us know when you are next in Terrigal, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here for 2 days recently. From the moment I walked in I felt I was being bombarded with upsells and extra fees.
Do I really need to join a club to get free internet, a newspaper and late check out? I reluctantly did join on the basis that I was promised I would not receive a single email. Now one day later the spam has already started and I don’t get the option to completely remove myself from the list.
I also did not receive any newspaper as promised and felt tricked by the in room menu which meant being charged more than I thought. Furthermore after spending almost $500 at the hotel I still get stung with a credit card fee!
To be honest I felt more like a “mark” than a guest at this hotel.
Furthermore the cost cutting efforts by the hotel just left a sour taste. 1 ply toilet paper? Really? This was just tacky and cheap in my opinion for a supposedly “luxury” accommodation.
The tv is blurry and part of the picture doesn’t even firt on the screen
The building itself looks like it is falling apart while the outdoor chess board pieces are either broken or wrong
Breakfast tastes ok when you are actually served – expect to wait more than 20 minutes for a coffee and omelette
And on check out when a huge spider actually landed on another guests head before strolling across reception then my misery was complete.
No way is this place worth the money

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you like good service and value for money
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank hqhostel

Dear hqhostel

If you would like to discuss the service provided in more detail, I would be delighted to speak to you in person.

We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on the next occasion.