“Great spot, nice rooms.”
Review of Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Terrigal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms looked as though they'd been refurbedwhich was great, spotless and large, modern bathrooms and a big comfy bed with beautiful linen. The car parking was a bit pricey at $18 per 24 hr period but there was an option to park for free just across the road so I can't really whinge about that. The only complaint really was that the airconditioner didn't seem to really cool the room down to the correct temperature but we slept just fine.
Would def stay again, but might wait for a deal to come up as I really think that $248 was too pricey....

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rene79sydney
damien c, Manager at Crowne Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Rene79sydney,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I was delighted to find that you found our accommodation rooms modern and comfortable.

Our staff would have loved the opportunity to address the air-conditioning matter for you, however it was very pleasing to find that this did not impact on your stay and we trust to welcome you back on the next occasion.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here recently for 3 nights, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The first two nights were great but the Friday night was pretty noisy as a large sports team and their families and supporters were staying and celebrating. The refurbished rooms are pretty good but the lobbies and passageways etc definitely need a makeover to bring them back from the 80's. In in all I was pretty happy as last time I stayed at this hotel over fifteen years ago I swore I would never return due to the rude staff. The hotel has mellowed to a nice, reasonably priced option with a standard hotel breakfast which is elevated by the addition of an omelette bar. All the staff we had dealings with were polite and helpful and the bed was comfy. Terrigal fills up in the weekends and the ambience of the hotel seems to change from laid back to more frantic. Stick to midweek when the rooms are less expensive if you don't like crowds and noisy bars.

Room Tip: If you book through Wotif or similar add a note specifying twin or king as there is no option on the...
1  Thank Sasharasp
damien c, Manager at Crowne Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Sasharasp,

Thank you for sharing providing your feedback.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable 3 night stay with us. It was warming to read that our
staff have been mentioned as polite and helpful.

We trust to welcome you back on the next occasion.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Checked in 24 August 2013 in the afternoon approx 1420hrs (only to pick up the keys) as I was heading to Somersby to get married and no acknowledgement from staff, only to be asked for the usual robotic "we need a credit card imprint" which translates to we are going to hold between $250-$1000 on your credit card and repay you over a week later, in case you use the mini bar.

I told the lady at the check in counter that I was in a hurry as i was going to my wedding and no response what so ever!

We arrived back from our reception at approx 00:00 (midnight) and we were the only ones at the entrance, arrived in a strech limo, no one there in the valet to open the door of the car, or help with bags, and entered the foyer the girl on reception looked up at us then cotinued on her computer (most probably checking her facebook status) with no acknowledgement with myself in full dress suit and my new bride in her wedding dress, arrived in the room (after a huge walk from the elevator, this is the longest walk I have ever experienced in a hotel like this) only to find massive noise from the night club below, but we were too exhausted to compalin and put up with it, it didn't end until the early hours of the morning.
As we left my wife was carrying her wedding dress, and at the counter to check out the next morning, the only thing (the same girl as the check-in) the girl said was "did you use the mini-bar?"
This is really run down for a so-called 4 or 5 star hotel.
It lacks:
Customer Relationship Management (Customer Service)
The place needs refurbishing with thicker windows to block the noise (we were on the thrid floor with oacen view)
Basic Manners and communication skills from staff

Im sorry but I can't recommend this place as it ruined our day and evening and won't be going back and will be notifying my friends who work there and in Crown Plaza Newcastle.

Stay somewhere else, Star of the Sea or Magenta Shores!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, Star of the Sea or Magenta Shores!
4  Thank Scarecrow1980
damien c, Manager at Crowne Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Scarecrow1980,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is extremely disappointing that we have not met your expectations on your special day.

This is not the customer journey that we wish our guests to experience and I would very much appreciate it, if you could provide your details so that I can make contact with you in a personal way to discuss further.

I can be contacted at reservations.terrigal@ihg.com, I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Reservations and Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here recently for a two night stay, experiencing gloriously balmy winter weather. Clear skies made for stunning sunrise and sunset views over the water from our top floor, ocean front room. Check in was quick, friendly and efficient and our room was clean, showing just a little wear and tear. We did not eat at the hotel, instead trying the many cafés and restaurants within easy walking distance. I agree with other reviewers that $18 per night for parking is excessive and I would be more inclined to rate the hotel excellent if that was included in room price. There is free council parking across the road, however. Overall, a great weekend escape by the sea.

Room Tip: Level 7 is top floor.
1  Thank whitefoil

Dear Whitefoil,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am thrilled to read your wonderful review of the hotel. Your stay sounded superb and we are delighted to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Terrigal.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for just one night and found the hotel well located, clean and spacious. I would not reccommend paying extra for the busffet breakfast as it is not as nice as many I have had in other similar hotels, dry bacon, over cooked eggs, there are quality cafes in Terrigal where you will receive a much better breakfast for less$$. Overall this is an excellent hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank raecunn

Dear Raecunn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with our breakfast quality on this occasion.
The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve in areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I am pleased to read that this did not mar your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Although it was over a year ago, I felt I needed to quickly write about how fantastic our stay was at the Crowne Plaza, Terrigal. We had left our previous hotel as it was abysmal, only to be delighted with our beachfront, top story room. The service on check-in was simply amazing. We were directed to the underground car park while the staff took care of our luggage. We had access to the spa, the business lounge and the restaurant where we had a glorious seafood and wine dinner, and a divine buffet breakfast. We were also provided a late checkout which was fantastic for when we had our flight back from Sydney to Adelaide.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is perfect, and the views of surrounding Terrigal are calming and beautiful.

Room Tip: Beachfront views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulyFrequentFlyer

Dear PaulyFrequentFlyer,

Your stay reads to be quite memorable although a year has passed and I am delighted that you have shared your feedback with us.

We trust on welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Great location overlooking the beach , very good exercise area and bar , food is very good , rooms are clean , service was very good and the prices are reasonable .

I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mike T
damien c, Manager at Crowne Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Mike T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is wonderful to read that you will return to the hotel and we look forward to having you.

Reservations & Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrigal
Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat
Pullman Magenta Shores Resort
The Clan Terrigal
The Clan Terrigal
#5 of 6 in Terrigal

Been to Crowne Plaza? Share your experiences!