“Peaceful & Relaxing”

Crowne Plaza
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Terrigal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon/Babymoon (in one) and were looking for a quiet hotel/resort where we could read books, swim in the pool/beach and relax. Crowne Plaza Terrigal is that place! We enjoyed a massage at the spa, buffet breakfast every morning which had a huge range of different foods including eggs cooked to your liking on request and barista coffee - the best buffet breakfast we have had! There's a few shops and cafe's nearby and lots of different beaches within an easy drive. The rooms were clean, and quiet, and had delightful beach and pool views. We would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Paigenick
Cameron A, Manager at Crowne Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Paigenick,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Congratulations to you both. We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience in and around the hotel.
I am pleased to see your comments about our renowned breakfast in the Seasalt Restaurant.

We would love to see you again on many future family holidays.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Only an overnight stay, but a very good experience. Easy self parking under the building, quick and friendly check-in, and a lovely big room looking out over the sea. The in-room dining menu is small, but the food was excellent - the portions are large!
I would definitely stay here again and very much enjoyed my meal with a couple of glasses of wine on the balcony, gazing out over the water, what more could you want?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cstamm

Dear Cstamm,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read that we met all of your expectations. Your stay sounds very relaxing and we trust that this experience ensures you return to the hotel on many more future occasions.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night with my husband and this was one of the best short term breaks we've experienced in a long time. The hotel staff were very welcoming and accommodated all our needs. Our room had fabulous views out to the beach and the pool area looks like its just undergone an upgrade. The restaurant had no issues attending to my dietary needs and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laura b
Cameron A, Manager at Crowne Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you had a seamless and enjoyable stay.
We are thrilled you received the high standard of service we strive to achieve.

We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here for 3 nights during mid February. I must say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at!!

I requested for an early check in as we were driving down from Nelsons Bay. We arrived at about 12pm & they were able to check us in straight away. Concierge came straight out to us as soon as we arrived to assist us with bags he was of great help! Very polite as well. Check in was quick and easy & everything included in our package was confirmed by the receptionist. Parking is a bit over priced as you can literally park across the rd in the public car park for free instead of paying $25 for self parking.

We walked into our room and the bags were already in there after we checked in. Rooms are up to standard very clean & very accommodating. Beds are very comfy! Tv channels offer are good as well as on demand movies. I liked the fact that there was a couch and computer desk area as it gave us more room to put all our stuff and room to just sit instead of always sitting on the bed. Balcony was a bonus! Not many hotels have balconies so it was really good to sit on the balcony and have something to eat. . The views were great as it was ocean views too.

The pool and spa are amazing! The sun was always shinning in the afternoon to go have a dip in the pool (great that they give you beach towels as well to use).

We had buffet breakfast included each morning and it was so filling! Juice station is a great idea and omelette cooking was great too! Only problem to get a coffee we had to line uo for ages as the automatic machine was broken. So we only did that the first morning.

Amenities were always restocked and they always gave us more towels than we needed which is great coz I always use more than one towel hehe.

This is a fantastic hotel & I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank elmsyzz

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to note that your stay was very enjoyable and all aspects were seamless.
Thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to seeing you again on the next occasion.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Terrigal as the wedding reception we were attending was being held at the hotel . We arrived at 2.00pm to check in and and get ready for a 3.00pm wedding. While checking in we were informed our room was not ready and would have to wait 15 min , we explained that we had a 3 pm wedding to get too, only to be told while they are sorry there is nothing they could do . 15 minutes passed and we were informed the room would be at least 10 more minutes , I expressed firmly that we needed to get ready for the 3pm wedding . The front desk person then got who I think must have been the duty manager , who proceeded to tell us the same thing , " sorry there is nothing he could do " . He informed us that check in time is 3 pm and I should have checked their terms & conditions . I would have , only I made the booking directly with the hotel as it was a group/wedding booking and I only received a booking reference number over the phone , he then proceeded to tell us it happens all the time with people attending wedding! ( if that's the case they should do something about it ) . Only after the discussion became a bit heated did he offer the use of their Gym change rooms , by this time it's well after 2.30 so we took up the offer , The Gym change room is not the ideal place to prepare for a wedding as it had not been cleaned for a while and the floor was covered in water and wet towels , no toilet paper and the shower doors did not lock.
I understand these things can happen but my frustration was with the hotel offering an average solution only after I pushed them very hard over a 30 minute period . JUST POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!
We were late for the wedding , This was our 3rd stay at this hotel and it will be our last .

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank kimcahill

Dear Kimbi2,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
It was unfortunate that the information about our check-in time was lost in translation and disappointing to read that the solution we provided was not to a satisfactory standard. Your experience is not indicative to what we aim for and the high level of service we pride ourselves in delivering, may I assure you we have reviewed our procedures to assist in a more seamless experience.

Please feel free to contact me on a future occasion so that I can personally ensure you have the very best of our attention.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at the crown plaza Terrigal for a couple of days R&R and what a fantastic place. The hotel is right on the water, the location is incredible and the rooms are very clean and new. We asked the reception about a nice restaurant for dinner and they recommended The Letterbox Restaurant which is right next door. What a great recommendation, the food was excellent and the service great. We are going back next month for a weekend and can't wait. Will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GydayGyday

Dear GydayGyday,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

We pride ourselves in having great local knowledge of the area and I am delighted to read your stay was both relaxing and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Not the cheapest place around but certainly has everything you need. Gym, sauna spa good pool and great restaurant.
A few nice restaurants within walking distance too.

Pitty about the blue bottles at the beach while we were there.

Also, goos size rooms and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: The higher the better