We stayed two nights in an Oceanview room on the 7th floor. We certainly got ocean views, as well as a view of the pool. We noticed that the pool was extremely crowded. Can't understand why as the beach and a lovely rock pool are just across the road. However, the 30+ steps you have to negotiate to get to and from the beach front exit from level 1 of the hotel can be difficult with small children. The alternative is to exit from the ground floor, which can be reached by lift, and walk half way around the block to the back of the hotel which faces the beach.
The room was clean and spacious with a king size bed and a sofa. The large screen TV was also good, but the remote was 'flaky' and it sometimes took several attempts to get it to register the channel we wanted.
Breakfast was excellent, but pay for it in advance at reception, where the price was $25/person, rather than $38. Confusingly, our other family members who had booked separately had breakfast included in the room price, while we were not able to negotiate this.
We opted to have dinner on the balcony of our room one evening. Staff willingly provided us with two extra chairs for the balcony.The Eat In menu was good and the Classics part of that menu was good value for money. But it was disconcerting to find when we rang to order that we were put through to a message bank. The call back to get our order did not come for another 15 minutes, just when we were considering cancelling and going out.
Would we come back? Probably, but only if we could negotiate a room and breakfast deal that represented value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Terrigal’s serene ocean-side location is ideal for singles, couples, groups and families seeking a memorable Central Coast experience. Select from a choice of 199 modern rooms, each boasting up-to-date amenities, and enjoy spectacular ocean views or an idyllic outlook onto Terrigal proper. Indulge in a sumptuous meal at elegant Seasalt Restaurant, famous for fresh-caught seafood and dishes prepared from the finest local produce. Enjoy a cocktail and catch-up with friends in the beautifully refurbished Lord Ashley Lounge or catch a live band and watch the sunset on the outdoor deck at Florida Beach Bar. The Concierge’s at Crowne Plaza Terrigal are knowledgeable across a wide and diverse range of Terrigal activities, including the best Terrigal dive sites, local attractions and local golf courses. Wander to the top of the Skillion for panoramic views of the coastline or find top-class surfing on Terrigal Beach. Deep-sea fishing trips leave from The Haven, a peaceful area 10 minutes' walk away. We're 15 minutes' drive to the Erina Fair mall and 20km from Ettalong's weekend beach market. We’re also just 115km from Sydney International Airport and Newcastle Airport. Let the complimentary Kids' Club entertain the children during school holidays while you browse the fashions and antiques in our boutiques. Energise in the outdoor pool or work out in the Fitness Centre. You'll look forward to conducting business in our meeting rooms and we'll leave you with golden memories of your wedding. Make Crowne Plaza Terrigal your base for exploring the Central Coast or simply relaxing on its beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Terrigal
- Terrigal Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Terrigal, South Pacific