“Overall very dissatisfied”

Dining options: Breakfast
Sydney, Australia
“Overall very dissatisfied”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Over priced. Terrible quality food, tuna salad: salad & tinned tuna. Steak sandwich - terrible. service appalling. Arrogance staff "get your own water from the bar it's self serve" pay upfront on order, then wait 52 minutes for 5 meals... Would I eat there again? No chance. Are there rest rooms? No. 500m away...

2 Thank ScribbyCat

“Best cafe in Terrigal !”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My children and I come to Driftwood on a regular basis and we always look forward to the delicious nutella crepes and their amazing coffees!

This is definitly a cafe I would recommend to everyone. The owners are lovely people, and the staff are really helpfull and polite. The food is delicious and my children love it there!

The staff and owners should be praised for their excellent qualities of work ethic.
I dont think some people realize that the owners are the 364 days of the year!!!

Sydney, Australia
“The winning formula!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ride all over the east coast of Australia quite regularly and I always look forward to the good sized burger and chips and thedelicious coffees. Cheers Driftwood for the excellent service!

• Visited November 2012
Terrigal, Australia
“"One word...Disgraceful"”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have only ever written good reviews, but after my experience at Driftwood I wanted to warn others!

My husband and I visited driftwood on New Years Day. From the minute we walked in I began questioning our choice. No welcomes, no smiles, the music was techno and very loud.
The owner was wearing a stained white shirt and sunglasses which we found extremely unprofessional and rather arrogant. His staff were about 14 year old, and they were very inexperienced.

After some time, we decided to move outside as the music was becoming unbearable. At this point the owner spoke so rudely to us as we told him we were moving and I decided that was it!
I requested our money be returned, after I told him he was loosing business and money he said we were the ones loosing and he continued to yell things out as we were walking out and down the path.

After all my experiences in restaurants and cafe's in Australia and around the world, I don???t think I have ever been treated so poorly!

Driftwood does not deserve anyone???s time or money, and I don???t think with bad behaviour or such disrespect for customers they will be around for much longer.

Bellyfish just up from Driftwood is the place, great food and service!

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank Knomestar
“Shocking! Stay away!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is a real disappointment to Terrigal and should be shut down. The owner is arrogant and staff generally uninterested. We waited 45 minutes for food and it was average when it arrived. There couples tried to order after us and they were bluntly told the cafe was now closed, it was only 2pm in the middle of the Christmas season! Honestly, these guys are just not cut out for the hospitality industry.

5 Thank 4thelove