“The winning formula!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ride all over the east coast of Australia quite regularly and I always look forward to the good sized burger and chips and thedelicious coffees. Cheers Driftwood for the excellent service!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have only ever written good reviews, but after my experience at Driftwood I wanted to warn others!

My husband and I visited driftwood on New Years Day. From the minute we walked in I began questioning our choice. No welcomes, no smiles, the music was techno and very loud.
The owner was wearing a stained white shirt and sunglasses which we found extremely unprofessional and rather arrogant. His staff were about 14 year old, and they were very inexperienced.

After some time, we decided to move outside as the music was becoming unbearable. At this point the owner spoke so rudely to us as we told him we were moving and I decided that was it!
I requested our money be returned, after I told him he was loosing business and money he said we were the ones loosing and he continued to yell things out as we were walking out and down the path.

After all my experiences in restaurants and cafe's in Australia and around the world, I don???t think I have ever been treated so poorly!

Driftwood does not deserve anyone???s time or money, and I don???t think with bad behaviour or such disrespect for customers they will be around for much longer.

Bellyfish just up from Driftwood is the place, great food and service!

6  Thank Knomestar
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is a real disappointment to Terrigal and should be shut down. The owner is arrogant and staff generally uninterested. We waited 45 minutes for food and it was average when it arrived. There couples tried to order after us and they were bluntly told the cafe was now closed, it was only 2pm in the middle of the Christmas season! Honestly, these guys are just not cut out for the hospitality industry.

5  Thank 4thelove
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Visited for sunday morn breakfast. Fairly pricey for average quality food. Better places in Terrigal for a nice breakfast.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Was ok, waited about 30 mins for food to be served! Coffee was burnt.. However food pretty good, only got 1 rash bacon w the meal - would have liked more! Looked like the owner making coffees w his sunnies on - we thought that's why the milk was too hot in our coffees in the first place!

1  Thank TopEndShortStay