“Satisfying experience”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sapphire Court
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I booked one of the units for 3 days on a holiday to Tathra. Twin level, fully equiped kitchen with flat screen tv, laundry/toilet, dining suite and light weight lounge suite. This was on the lower level. Upper level had two bedrooms..one with queensize bed the other with two singles. A tv and futon and fully equipped bathroom.
Nice outdoor seating area lower level.
Owners were very friendly and provided great service. Note - at the time of our stay the business was up for sale.
I being a cook for a living made a devonshire tea for my wife and I. I had a couple of scones over so decided to give them to the owner and his wife. He was chuffed. Long story short, he knocked on our door the next day and said we were nice people and he really appreciated the good will of me bringing over the scones..and offered us one more night in the unit on the house! Which we ended up taking so all in all we couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ross l

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night and was a walk in off the street. I paid $100 for the night. Before I came to this property, I went to have a look at Tathra Beach House. Tathra Beach House is very modern, clean and well presented. However, it wasn't very roomy (had a look at unit 19A) and decided that I would go elsewhere.

The owner of the property was very friendly, giving me tips on where to eat and what to see and do. You park your car at the back of the unit and this is off-street. Note that the carpark at the back of the unit isn't meant to accommodate huge cars, but you can park elsewhere if you have a large car. The flyscreen at the back of the unit I stayed in didn't close properly, but it didn't matter in this case. The unit is pretty roomy, with 2 toilets, laundry, kitchen, downstairs and upstairs living area. The only issue that I had some concern is that the stairs aren't that wide and could be slippery (because it is polished wood) and if you are infirm (ie: quite elderly), the stairs could be an issue (I felt). The bedrooms are located on the first (top) floor and the shower is as well. This had a separate shower and bath, which was great. I did see one or two cracked floor tiles in the bathroom, but was not overly concerned.

Unlike other places I have stayed, I was able to access and view the second bedroom, which was also very clean.

Overall, I would stay again - I was very pleased. I am thinking to stay again in late February 2013 and was told that for a week, the accommodation cost would be around $700. Ester Court at around that same time would be mid $600s.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Just stayed there last weekend for a wedding. I was concerned about the amount of facilities that the venue had for the price. Each apartment had 2 flat screens (1 with cable), full kitchen, full luandry, two toilets, slept six people, undercover parking and there was a pool, sauna and spa on site too. All for $110 a night.
The place was pretty good and I would recommend that anyone stay here. It would be especially good if you had kids that could stay in the other room.
The plac eis also walking distance to the beach and the local shops.
The only down side was that there were not many channels on the cable tv and that the kitchen was a bit old - but it all still worked. Also the curtains in the room could have been thicker. The sun gets up at around 5:30am which is earlier than I wanted to get up.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple