“Great location, well appointed cottages, puppy friendly!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sussex Inlet
Calm Waters Holiday Cottages
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am motivated to write a review to counter the negative, first review from someone who didn't even visit the property. I agree with everything the second reviewer has written. We visited in May '12, my wife, myself and two small dogs. While the cabins are 1940's cottages, they lack nothing for modern convenience. The reverse cycle heating came in handy with the first real cold snap of the year. The cold and wind hampered beach and water activities somewhat but the long riverside and beach walks were lovely and I could still throw a line out from the cottages wharf. They have moorings if you like to bring your boat and leave it in the water for your stay. Also plenty of boat and trailer parking on site. There is a pontoon boat available for hire as well.
You can truely drive in and not get back in your car for the rest of your stay. Three clubs and a pub in walking distance. The Sports Club is 2 doors away and the restaurant is recommended (new management). Fishing out front. Hire boats about 75 meters away. A 5 min drive for a surf. Also, check out the Ocean & Earth factory outlet at 12(?) The Springs Rd, Sussex Inlet for great discounts in surf and snow aparrel.
The Owner left some lovely touches, including a bottle of wine and sweets, to make you feel welcome. We will return and recommend the cottages highly. I think it is a great location for a group of families to book a few cottages. Plenty of room, a lovely river outlook and if you have little 4 legged or 2 legged ones with you - the river frontage is well fenced.

Room Tip: Cottages 1 - 4 are close to the water, river facing. Cottage 5 is set back (maybe 25 mtrs) but still...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank deemacvee

Reviewed July 3, 2011

When I read the previous review, I felt I had to rectify things ! (I think the previous management had some problems in the past year, so maybe the other person had problems with them?) We have been to Calm Waters twice now - once 2 years ago - which was also brilliant and the second time over the first weekend in July 11. It is such a brilliant place - you feel instantly calm the moment you get out of the car! The accommodation is so peaceful, clean and homely - it is hard to leave ! The Manager there is really friendly, accommodating and helpful. It is also doggy friendly - which is a rarity these days. I would completely, utterly and thoroughly recommend this place! The locals are really friendly and there are plenty of lovely walks / boating / eating to be done too !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank 255060Elaine
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I called to find out when the property was available and was treated so terribly on the phone that I didn't want to even consider staying there. The woman I spoke with was rude, not helpful and seemed very disinterested in my business. She wouldn't answer my questions, tell me what they had available or even give me nightly rates.

I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple