“Comfortable night's accommodation”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Singleton
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable night's accommodation”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here on business in October 2013 for 1 night. I had passed this place plenty of times over the years and when I chose to stay in Singleton for the night to break up a trip from Sydney to Tamworth, it was Francis Phillip Motor Inn that came to mind.
The rooms are very spacious, if somewhat sparsely decorated. In saying that, everything was clean, neat and tidy. So, from that perspective, there's not much else that you want for an overnight stay for business really.
I quite liked the touch of a recliner rocker to sit and watch the TV - not that I'm much of a TV person, but it was a more comfortable option than your typical, hard cushioned motel sofa.
Breakfast in the morning was served in the main dining room - the usual selection of continental or hot breakfast options, except that hot was "fresh" hot and made to order. It was a nice alternative to the usual hot breakfast option that has been laying around in a bain-marie.
The road noise from the New England Highway can be a little constant if you are a light sleeper, even through the night. I noticed it a little, but I couldn't say it disturbed me - it was more like I noticed it if I woke in the night, rather than it being the cause of me waking up.
I quite liked the cover car park - it is a massive sail spanning the two motel buildings. It helped to keep the heat out of the rooms, and the car as well.
All in all, a pleasant, comfortable place to stay in Singleton.

Room Tip: The scrambled eggs are great - a layered, almost omelette style. Yum!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DJR68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I was booked in by a business colleague, I did notice many other motels were fully booked that night.
Yes there was a site office in place of the usual reception but the lady and cat were friendly and prompt to get me signed in in.
The room was spacious, clean and warm.
Large spa and a separate toilet shower room with a great shower head!
The highway nearby didn't generate too much noise, more of a distant constant rumble. Double glazing is a nice touch.
If in Singleton again on business and looking for a bed I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rod g
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good reviews on Tripadvisor led me to choose this motel. If circumstances had been normal at the motel I expect I'd be giving it a positive review. The rooms are spacious, the heating works well (important in this region in winter), and the resident cat is chummy. However, unfortunately for the owners/management, there had been a serious fire at the place, and the way in which the proprietors were handling this matter left a bad taste in my mouth. There should have been full disclosure before I booked that there was noisy reconstruction work underway. But I was told nothing about this when I phoned to enquire about accommodation, and I saw nothing about it online when I was checking details. Nor was there any offer of lowered rates during the reconstruction period.
I was in Singleton for a family celebration and booked a room for overnight. Relatives booked another room. The motel's office was in an antiquated caravan, and the whole front reception/admin structure appeared to be affected by reconstructive work, with workers' vehicles and machinery on site on Saturday afternoon. We were not informed that there would be any more work happening over the weekend. However, on Sunday morning we were woken by extremely loud construction noise. Large quantities of masonry and tiles were being removed and transferred into a skip. Whether the proprietors had council permission to carry out this work on a Sunday I don't know.
When I went to check out, I was told that the workers had turned up to start at 6 am and had been persuaded to wait until a little later. I was also told that had I wanted breakfast I would have been offered it for free by way of compensation. However since I had not wanted breakfast ...
When my relatives checked out they were given the same story.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed in $169 Standard room with Double Bed (should be Queen really), but has nice pillows! Although on the main highway the rooms have double glazed windows, thus the truck noise is dulled out. Room is a good size. Internet is $15 extra. Free newspapers is good. Just single but comfortable lounge chairs to watch 32" LCD TV, but no foxtel in my room. Shower has water saver head and hot water flow restrictor, thus on a cold winter morning.....and no soap - just dispensers. Restaurant had a simple menu and food was great.

Room Tip: Perhaps they have better rooms than standard? Also ground floor if you need it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had no plans to stay in Singleton - but glad I did as the Francis Phillip Motor Inn provided me with a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

The rooms are huge - very clean - modern and comfortable. I had a double bed and I think a room of this size should have a queen - but a good rest regardless.

The restaurant is just lovely and the food is very nice for a "motor inn" grade acomodation. The ladies at the front desk and the restaurant/bar were very friendly and the fod was just right.

Other reviews say there was road noise - I did not notice this as a problem. I stayed at the Motor Inn - not the apartments.

Highly recommended.

Stayed in The Lodge Apartments
Very Quiet
Excellent decor
Very comfortable bed
Large shower with plenty of amenities
Good restaurant

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GRAHAM P
Millers Point
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Ordered twin room didn't get light globe out no intenet lucky just needed a bed

• Stayed October 2011

Travelers are raving about these Singleton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Singleton
Charbonnier Motor Inn SIngleton
#4 of 4 in Singleton
Quest Singleton
Quest Singleton
#1 of 4 in Singleton

Been to Francis Phillip Motor Inn & The Lodge Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!