“Will get takeaway instead”
Review of Tandoori Junction

Tandoori Junction
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Shellharbour
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having been to Mumbai the week before I had high expectations when I saw that the chef was highly skilled at Indian cooking. What a let down. The food was average, the same quality you would get at a fast food take-away. The staff were fine, and when we got the bill it was way over $100 for 2 people for not that much food. Have heard the same thing from others, and will definitely not be returning.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We came here on a whim after reading the reviews and the food was beautiful though the service was lacking.
The tandori chicken was lovely and the rogan josh, pretty much up there with the best I've eaten.
The service though on a quiet night was very average, the man looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there, nice enough but no one ever went ove and beyond and had to ask to order, had to ask for a drink both times, had to ask for the bill. Just not attentive.
But other than the service the food was lovely.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a voucher from living social for $29 for 2 curries, rice and a bottle of wine for 2 people..so we didn't expect much for such a cheap price but the service was good and food was really nice we had butter chicken and beef korma it was delicious. The resteraunt was really busy too.

2  Thank Camsgirl1
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have had eaten indian at many places in australia. I was in the area for work & love indian food so i thought i would try it. The flavour of the food i had was not the best & i was really disappointed with it. Usually i would not ring up but just write a review or tell others not to go there. But i food i had was that bad that i decided to ring the chef afterwards to let him know that the food i had was not very good- Instead of taking constructive criticism or saying "sorry sir we will replace your food or do better next time.". The chef really took my comments to HEART & arched up & started ABUSING ME !!! I will never go back there again- my tip- try the other indian place in shellharbour instead.

5  Thank 1180brownie
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this place three times now, and every time I have left there a bit disappointed. While the food is nice, some of the dishes have lacked in the flavor and spice I expected. The food is also overly expensive and the portion you receive is not worth the price. The only reason I have made return visits is because its one of the only Indian restaurants in the area.