“Tantalising Tang”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Barrack Heights
“Tantalising Tang”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Friendly atmosphere, very friendly staff and the banquet, more than enough food to stop the hardiest eater

Visited July 2013

“Best Chinese Food in Shellharbour”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The service is great !!! The food is delicious ! They have a pond in their restaurant where the kids like to watch the oversized goldfish and turtles swim around I would recommend this restaurant to anyone Really Yummy !!

• Visited July 2013
Shellharbour, Australia
“A great restaurant going from bad to worse”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have be regular customers of Tangs for 30 years and have celebrated many family milestones at the restaurant. However, since Steven & Penny Tang retired and Simon Huang and his wife Ying have taken over we have noticed the quality of the food slowly deteriorating. We chose to get take-away from another Chinese restaurant the last couple of times after recommendations by our friends and neighbour who had given up on Tangs.

Last night we tried them again but they failed badly. They ignored allergy requests, despite their docket clearly noting them and the meal was tasteless. This will be the last chance.

• Visited June 2013
Mount warrigal
“Surprisingly impressed”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'd seen on trip advisor this restaurant had been given a few bad reviews so I was hesitant to try it however considering we have tried and failed with all other Chinese restaurants in the area I thought why not. We ordered take away home delivery - the lady on the line spoke perfect English, it was delivered in the exact time they said it would be, the meal deal was cheap and the dishes were extremely tasty and very large. Honestly I will be using them again - I haven't dined in so I can't comment there but for take away, spot on awesome!

• Visited May 2013
Oztraylya
“A good offering of contemporary Oz Chinese.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was midweek and the restaurant was very quiet. I went with a group and we had a good evening enjoying a meal of contemporary Australian Chinese food.

I have reviewed this restaurant previously but don’t frequent it other than at the behest of my family. I was helped in my choice by my daughter and we all shared in the food that was placed on a ‘lazy susan’....a sort of faux, do-it-yourself banquet.

Service was attentive and the food was deemed by a general consensus, to be all that it should be. The Peking Chicken served here is the draw card that my son-in-law cannot resist, and with its thick and moreish sauce, I totally understand his passion. Last time we were here, I ate a mundane fish and chips meal, as I am particularly sensitive to whatever it is that some chefs put too much of in their offerings. This time I was urged to partake of the wider offering and here at Tangs I suffered no reaction from the food other than pleasure.

• Visited April 2013