“Family Christmas”

Addy's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Shellharbour
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New South Wales, Australia
“Family Christmas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Service with a smile was lacking on our visit- and more staff for a full Restaurant and peak times but food was delicious.

Wollongong, Australia
“Refreshing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

My girlfriends and I had our Christmas get together at Addy's last night, and pleasantly surprised.
We had 3 courses for $49. The food was brilliant, Oysters, a fillet of barramundi and a passionfruit creme brulee.... YUM!

The service was exceptional and I loved the new look. My previous visit to Addison's, I found the food to be over priced and the experience a little dated and stuffy but since new management the changes are noticeable and defiantly an improvement.

Thank you Addy's we will be back!!

• Visited December 2013
“Lovely Food and reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for two for a wedding anniversary on a Wednesday night, there was live music which was just a fraction too loud for dinner but our food was just gorgeous,the owner was very friendly but the wait staff never at any stage asked if I wanted a second or even third wine, that's where the profits are in the restaurant business and they need to be more attentive to that, but other than that we loved it and will be back

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Zena S
Sydney, Australia
“this place makes Faulty Towers look good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

A friend and I were looking for a place to eat in Shell harbour and we decided to spoil ourselves and play ladies and go and eat somewhere nice. We found this restaurant which appeared to be open and as we walked in the back entrance (past all of the overflowing skips of waste cardboard etc ... we should have known (SHK)!!) we asked if it was alright to go in which the waiter (now known as the owner) said "oh yes". We were left standing in the middle of the restaurant (SHK no.2) to then be greeted by the owner (again) to be told that they don't open until 6pm (it was 5.40pm) but we could have a drink at the bar or coffee and cake. We opted for a drink and asked to see a menu. Both menus were presented to us in a filthy state with past chocolate milkshake splotched on the paper which was badly dog-eared (SHK no.3). The bar attendant draped with a tea towel over his left shoulder (SHK no.4) was pleasant but a try-hard. We noticed that there were two large tables set up and upon our enquiry we were told that it was a group coming in and that there was a band going to be set up at the opposite end of the restaurant (SHK no.5). My friend and I decided to eat early and hopefully be finished before the group started their diner. How wrong we were!! We were sat right next to the large tables. Our order was taken from the represented dirty menu and then at the last minute we were advised that there were chefs specials ... which had to be checked, by the owner. Ooops - wrong specials but another sheet presented (SHK no.6). We both ordered the chefs special, bruschetta and a bottle of wine. The wine was presented still with the tea towel over the shoulder (which never actually left that position the whole night) and we had to ask for water. Two great slabs of bruschetta arrived with the greatest mound of red onion chunks I have ever seen. The bread underneath was soggy (probably flattened by the 1 kilo of red onion). Our main courses arrived before I had finished my bruschetta - "oh sorry" the waitress said as she placed my plate to the side of me. The large table started to arrive and the noise began. My friend and I had to yell at each other to have a conversation (as did the table next to us). The group we find out later were "Warfies" having their Xmas party. I'm not a kill joy but to have been sat right next to the group was absolutely ridiculous. As we were eating the large group felt it was OK to stand around us swilling their beer whilst we ate. Incidentally there were other tables of two further away which my friend and I ended up picking up our plates and wine and moved ourselves. To which the waitress then revealed (Im going to start yelling at some customers tonight..."). On the upside I had the blue eyed cod special which was absolutely fantastic. The other diners with local knowledge told us there was a balcony upstairs so we carried our own bottle of wine with us. The waitress dashed up and was going to wipe down some chairs which were absolutely filthy- she never came back.The view was nice from up here. Why didn't they set us a table up here to eat? Such a pity the dining experience was spoiled by: incompetent management and staff - what were you thinking by opening knowing you had potentially an extremely noisy group predominantly men and good drinkers? Other diners were there with small children obviously celebrating a special occasion. Get your staff trained in customer service, restaurant etiquette and service skills. Ditch the tea towel drape - it really looks stupid and from a hygiene point of view - I really hope you weren't going to dry glasses with it. Print new copies of your menu and for goodness sake know what your daily specials are. The tableware and decor was ordinary. Get proper tent card holders for your wine promos. Nothing worse that dead flowers (which incidentally there were some on the bar) and droopy promos on the table. We left the restaurant as we entered - unsure what we had found. It would have been nice to have been escorted to the back door and an apology given. Gosh even a cup of coffee offered would have soothed the pain. Potentially this could be a good restaurant - obviously new owners, perhaps a bit burnt out and driven by greed? Shame Addys shame.

8 Thank salphillis
Shellharbour, Australia
“New Owners are doing it Right!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were a little surprised when one of our favourite restaurants was sold and renovated to be a more contemporary eatery. We loved having a white table cloth, seafood restaurant in the Village! We visited for dinner recently and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the variety on the menu. It's a change from the original, but I think the new owner has got it right. No use trying to be Addisons 2, put your own stamp on it and present something a little more casual but with equal quality food and very reasonable prices.
The food was great, the service was impeccable and the place was full the evening we visited [without a reservation]. We will definitely be regulars!

• Visited November 2013