“Pleasant surroundings good service”
Review of Ocean Beach Hotel

Ocean Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 93 Restaurants in Shellharbour
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very pleasant place with good view for a relaxed meal or snack. Lots of tables and room in the restaurant and very good indoor and outdoor seating (with umbrellas) in the pub area. We ate in the restaurant on a weekday. All 3 meals were Ok but not fabulous and we felt that we had eaten better for less in many other places. The meals and drinks took some time to arrive which was odd as only 2 tables were occupied. Have given an average rating on the quality and price of the restaurant food. The bar/snack food looked better so will return to try this out as it a good venue. Waitstaff were helpful and friendly.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to eat here. We were worried because we thought it may have been dirty pub food. However the entree of oysters was fairly good. We also ordered sea good basket which cost $30.00 and had more seafood on it than I thought. Couldn't eat it all. The fish tasted horrible and the crab was over cooked. They also didn't give me anything to break the crab arms open with so I had to resort to using my nails which isn't pleasant. My partner got a steak which was fairly pricey from a pub $38.00, this steak had a lot of fat on it and we asked for it to be cooked medium and it came out well done. Good service by the waitresses and a great view. To bad for the food. Fairly averagely priced cuisine. If it wasn't for the view prob would of left our good on the table for the seagulls...

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed August 30, 2013

As a local resident I've eaten here on a number of occasions. The deck and views are lowly, however the food and price are overrated.

I would recommend Addisons if you are looking for a better quality of food at better value.

1  Thank Sienamorrisey
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a lovely Sunday afternoon here listening to the free music and watching the harbour. We shared a few finger food platters and had a couple of drinks. Very pleasant way to wind down.