“Excellent meal - Relaxing Mood”
Review of Sanoma Food and Wine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Shellharbour, Australia
“Excellent meal - Relaxing Mood”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I called in to Sanoma Food & Wine in Shellharbour on the weekend to be pleasantly suprised by friendly staff and groovy food and coffee. There was relaxing music in the background, and we sat back on the big lounges and watched the world go by through the front doors that open all the way up.

• Visited April 2013

Shellharbour, Australia
“What Happened ?????”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had tried Sanoma before for a coffee which was enjoyable, then decided to return again for a meal - what a disaster !!!!!

The food was average, not hot and for what we ordered the prices were far too high. I actually asked the waitress to check our account but she said it was correct. We had a spaghetti and a fish and chips a glass of house wine and paid $80. This is only a cafe and Addisons and Relish is on par with the price and far superior.

No - that was the last time and my friends and neighbours have had the same experience.

7 Thank GWJG
871SusanM, Owner at Sanoma Food and Wine, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to reveiw Sanoma food & wine. I am extremely sorry that your second visit to Sanoma was not as enjoyable as your first. Staff would never intentionally overcharge anybody. It is hard for me to gauge what the correct price should have been, as in your reveiw you refer to your meals being Spaghetti and Fish & chips. We serve neither of them at Sanoma.Our commitment is to customer service and therefore, if you would like to pop back in, I would be happy to refund the cost of your meal in full.
Kind regards Susan.
Wollongong, Australia
“Great atmosphere food and sangria”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A group of us decided to give this place a try. We decided to share Tapas as entrees which the staff quite happily served us while sitting around lounges. What a relaxing dining experience. We were all able to chat and enjoy nibbling on some great share plates. The staff could not have been more accomodating. We were invited to sit at our table ready for our main meal to be delivered. The food was amazing. The 12 of us all enjoyed our meals, the pork and fillet steak was exquisite . And we can sometimes be a hard bunch to please.We capped of the night with most probably the best coffee some of us had had in a long time.Whilst being the last in the restaurant to leave we were not rushed and the service was amazing till the end. We all left having enjoyed a great night. Thankyou to the staff at Sanoma, we will be back.

Shellharbour
“Really happy with everything!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely experience at this cafe. The coffee was the best on the south coast and the food was really good, I had the polenta salad and would definitely recommend it. Although it was a little bit hot inside, the staff were polite and attentive and we will be returning.

Sydney, Australia
“Show me the food, or the service or even the light”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It looked good from the outside but that was where it ended. When we asked for a table for 2 we were told to sit anywhere. That was fine but there was a large fan outside the kitchen blowing the hot kitchen air into the restaurant onto the patrons, so we chose a table closer to the door & there was an overhead light but not turned on & the candle on the table was blown out.
While trying to order our meals we were told that there was no beef or pork after we had ordered, which was disappointing as I was looking forward to the steak that was on the menu.
When I asked how large the mains were I was told this is not pub food, again I needed some assistance but it was not there. The meals themselves, were smaller versions of a pub meal but described differently & definitely did not stand out. The meals unfortunately were quite bland & although they promised a lot did not deliver.
Overall for what we payed, there is not too much to take me back.

3 Thank JohnS199255060