“Only had a takeaway but Oh what an experience”
Review of Thai Tales

Thai Tales
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Sawtell
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
St.Austell
“Only had a takeaway but Oh what an experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant and takeaway does a special on Wednesday nights for $10 (rice extra) but the quality is superb. It is easy to see why this restaurant was crowded despite the torrential rain which fell on the evening I visited

• Visited April 2013

Bellingen, Australia
“Way too sweet”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love Thai food, but I found the sweetness of these dishes made them almost inedible. My partner felt the same.The service was fine, but when I mentioned the amount of sugar in the dishes, the young waiter became quite upset that I dare criticise the establishment telling me that I was the only person who had ever complained. Too bad. It tasted like Western Thai to me and I don't mind saying so. If you like authentic Thai, stay away. If you like cheap and sweet, then this is the place for you.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne
“Fresh produce, great location”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We shared a family meal in this lovely spot on a warm summer's evening. We were seated outside and there was a delightful evening breeze. The selection was very broad and offers something for most tastes. As a vegetarian I was pleased that tofu was an option for most dishes. Would definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Drove to Sawtell to try this Thai restaurant and it did not disappoint. Service is great, food tastes good (thought portions are not as big as other Thai places), and the atmosphere is quite relaxed.
Next time you're around Coffs Harbour, take the drive to Sawtell and it'll be worth it.

Visited November 2012
Bonville, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We love Thai Tales”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you ever find yourself in Sawtell on the NSW mid north coast, do yourself a flavour favour and visit Thai Tales. We must have eaten there at least twenty times now and always come away with smiles on our faces and delights in our bellies. Morgan is a welcoming and accomplished host and the selection is outstanding. The staff know our tastes so well by now that we can say to them 'just surprise us' and what lands in font of us is a taste sensation every time! We would highly recommend Thai Tales to anyone looking for a delicious, affordable and thoroughly satisfying dining experience.

• Visited November 2012