“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

$62.07*
and up
Port Stephens Bush, Beach and Sand Dune 4WD Passenger Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular Port Stephens 4WD Holiday Attraction. On Stockton Sand Dunes. You can come and enjoy this popular Port Stephens holiday activity on Stockton Sand Dunes and receive 4WD Training for free. Why go out 4WD'ing by yourself and worry about mechanical problems and expensive recovery when you can tag-along with 4WD Tag-along Tours. You can just have fun and learn the safest ways to use your 4WD off-road at the same time! If you have an All Wheel Drive (AWD) you are very welcome to join us too. 4WD Tag- Along Tours on Stockton sand dunes at Port Stephens operate daily 7 days a week. Tours last for approximately 3 1/2 hours with: sandboarding, driver training, visit Tin City where Mad Max was filmed, 360 degree view from the very top of the sand dunes, driving up and over sand dunes, Aboriginal sites, stop on the beach to look for pipis. We will can personalise your 4WD tour to meet your needs.Bring your family and come along with 4WD Tag-Along & passenger tours to see the Blue Mountains and its spectacular scenery with 3rd Generation local knowledge of the area, outstanding rock formation, Magical views, adventurous, fun, informative family friendly.See the best the spectacular Blue Mountains has to offer, share your experience around a campfire, and see Lost City and historical sites. Experience the beauty of the mountain ranges, ridge tops and valleys with experienced and knowledgeable guides.Stay at the foot of the magnificent Blue Mountains at the Blue Hills Farm Stay offering relaxing country charm, family friendly atmosphere, surrounded by native Australian bushland with wildlife a plenty, breathtaking mountain escarpments and glorious sunsets. Feed a chicken or pat a sheep or horse.No experience necessary, all training and guidance will be given by fully qualified and experienced cert iv trainers.Stay in a self contained unit or bring your tent, caravan or camper. Arrive Friday afternoon and relax around the fire ready for a fun filled weekend. Day 1 4wd training on our purpose built track to suit all levels of experience from beginners to advanced and a mystery 4wd tour. Day 2 4wd Tag Along Tour through the Blue Mountains visiting spectacular lost city and historical sites, we will look after you from start to finish. Tea and coffee supplied.Weekend includes 2 nights' accommodation4wd training Tour of the Blue Mountains including Lost city and historical sites. If you are a member of a social group, business or club, we are pleased to guide your group on a tailored made tour.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family came from overseas and Port Stephens was the chosen location to introduce them to the 'bush'. Bruce provided a fantastic bush and sand dunes trip and lots of fun!

Keep it happening!

Regards,
Pedro

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Pedro A
Bruce B, Owner at 4WD Tag-Along & Passenger Tours, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thankyou for coming on our tour, I am glad you had a great time,Thanks for your kind comments Bruce

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Relaxed and enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family joined Bruce for a guided passenger tour which was a highlight on our trip. I emailed Bruce for my booking and was invited to choose a time that my group wished to take the tour. He's very flexible. The tour itself was very worthwhile, as we had an enjoyable time taking in the beautiful and unique sights, and Bruce quizzed us along the way to keep us entertained at the same time. He made frequent photostops for us, showed us quicksand, pointed out special ripples in the sea waves, and of course, sandboarding! For the senior who was keen to sandboard but who was yet scared, Bruce picked a shorter route for her to experience it and she definitely was pleased. The seniors in my group couldn't understand English, but even they could feel Bruce's warm personality and passion for what he's doing.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Mintee
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

If you only have time to do one activity while in Port Stephens make this a must do.The passenger tour is a sheer delight and the occasion was my birthday. A great time was had
cruising up and down those massive sand dunes,sand boarding down them wow what fun and with Bruce as your our tour guide you will be totally informed about the area and at the same time have a good laugh.A Tag along vehicle got bogged but Bruce being a true professional got them out in the pelting rain

The tour went to tin city and it looked like a movie set with Bruce telling us the history and stories of the colorful characters that live their most entertaining.A tour like this is great value for money, not rushed and you will not be dissapointed in any way.

''By the way ask Bruce about his pet camel and the rabbit''.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Warren P
Sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Unique, well worth doing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We took the opportunity to travel as passengers with Bruce while we had a brief stay at Shoal Bay and it was a real highlight. Bruce has a really excentric personality and this shines through in his tours, so too his passion for people respecting the local area. On two occasions Bruce had words with people who were either acting dangerously or in breach of the law which was a little confronting but it didn't phase us, I'm just glad nobody objected to being told off! If you go with Tag-Along, you'll get to climb higher dunes than those in larger groups and those in the Hummer tours, we went flying up the hill as other tourists had to climb on foot. We also managed to see the tin-hut thingy (I forget the name) and one of the owners (a friend of Bruce) kindly showed us into her hut which has been in generations of her family and we really appreciated that. At the end of my tour I mentioned to Bruce and some of his friends that I thought I had got my sports car stuck in the sand on the road up to the entrance and he (and a bunch of other Good Samaritans) stuck around for a good 15-20 minutes trying to help me get the car out, while we were photographed like rock stars by passing locals and tourists!

I would recommend this trip, it's great vlaue for money and you MUST try sand-boarding, it makes you feel ten years old!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank mattythompson1
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Forza S-Edition Made it to the High Dunes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I did this 4wd tagalong tours with Bruce for my birthday.

The most vital part of this company is Bruce's character. Not only he provided the professional service of tagalong 4wd but also his ability to turn nervousness into confidence specially for first timers like me.

Not a lot of my mates thought my Forza will not make it but Bruce helped me proved them wrong!!! Thank you for the best fun!!!

Here's their website -

Franciscuss

Visited March 2012
2 Thank kikz s
Bruce B, Owner at 4WD Tag-Along & Passenger Tours, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thankyou very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you and your family on our Tag Along Tour. You and the Forester did very well, Hope to see you back again soon. Cheers Bruce