“Worth it just for the Beer”
Review of George IV Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Picton
George IV Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Picton
Reviewed May 21, 2008

The people at the George are very friendly; the food served from Thursday to Saturday is fantastic and cheap! the rooms are a little ancient but that adds to the atmosphere of this haunted pub. Highlight is the beer made on the premises, the low points is a walk to the shared bathrooms (outside) and the strange squeaking every 15 mins. from the brewery (or maybe it is the ghosts?)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank kaz3241

Reviewed February 22, 2007

The King George IV Inn in Picton, NSW is a friendly, historic Inn known for 1) brewing their own beer and 2) being haunted (as per the local historian).

I don't know about the ghosts - I did hear the owner (as per the Syd Morning Herald reviewer) getting up to take a leak (he lived in the room above).

I have stayed here twice & would stay there again if I need to stay overnight in the Picton area.

It's just the basics, with a shared toilet/bathroom across the courtyard. TV, old wallpaper, heavy curtains, no fridge., no aircon Yes, it was all old but very clean. Can't complain at the price. Had a comfortable sleep.

Both times, I stayed in the family room with friends (2 singles & a double bed) which is $66 per night.

Friends of mine have stayed in the double bed single room & boy it was small! Not enough room to swing a cat! I think even if I was travelling by myself I would book the family room.

The Inn gets extremely busy at night, with all types of people but it trickles down from about 10-11pm & shuts at 12am, after which you can't get any alcohol anywhere in Picton, not that I care much but the one time my friends and I wanted a wine to wind down the night, (I wanted to try their homemade beer which I keep meaning to do) there was none!

The food is very good, nice salads, pastas, squid etc. Kids meals etc.

I have heard that the Inn has changed hands since I last stayed there. I also heard that it may get refurbished. I look forward to staying there again and to see if it has changed for the better or worse.

Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank SpooKed
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Picton is a small place outside Sydney and the only pub for me is THE KING GEORGE with
friendly people and GOOD BEER, many bikers call there for a meal or just a drink and it is nice just to talk to them and look at the many different bikes they ride, the meals are great oh and did i mention the beer my favorite is the bock the best beer i have ever tasted, the only bad thing i can think of about picton is that over the last 12 years that i have visited is that like everywhere else it is getting bigger, but as long as THE KING GEORGE is still there iI will be going back for more bock.so if you like the countryside,bikes,good food and very very good beer and friendly people get yourself down to THE KING GEORGE in picton a must when you visit AUSTRALIA.

• Stayed: March 2005