“Don't prebook!”

Perisher Blue Ski Resort
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We prebooked out ski lift tickets and ski school two months prior at Smiggins. However, as our holiday approached we were concerned there was no snow at Smiggins and requested to be changed to Perisher. Our requested was repeatedly declined asking us to wait until just before our arrival date. Once there, it was very disorganised. I was told to catch a bus to Smiggins for my group lesson only to be put back on a bus to Perisher. Grrrr. What a waste of time! This only happened to the people who pre-booked! Perisher treat the customers who are loyal and hand them their money early the WORST. I felt I wasted so much of my ski time due to this disorganisation. Perisher - when I go on a ski holiday I want to spend my time SKIING - not being led on a wild goose chase. Never again! Go Thredbo or turn up on the day to get the best options.

2  Thank freyjablue
There are newer reviews for Perisher Blue Ski Resort

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Top resort huge variety of terrain - some excellent lifts (some need upgrading) - excellent views of the Australian Alpine regions. Great on-snow food service (the bar at Blue Cow has excellent views and a brilliant fireplace). Terrain was challenging enough had to get off piste for some of the really challenging times.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Perisher was simply amazing. Yes, it is costly but worth it and extremely addictive. I have been four times in the last few years and will be going again in 2014!!!! cant wait :)

One very happy customer

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The best time is visit Perisher is between mid July to late August where there is plenty of soft fluffy white powder. Early June to July is good if you're a beginner because its quiet and you can learn in the learner slopes at Front Valley without getting into too much mischief.

All in all it's a fairly expensive resort compared to Europe, New Zealand, Canada and Japan but it all comes down to convenience of driving distance compared flying and the extra expenses for food/accommodation. If you are an eager skier or snowboarder living in Sydney or Canberra I highly recommend getting the season pass at the end of the year for $699 if you plan to go regularly and you get a good deal at the Station Resort for accommodation. The Milo Club is a hit with the kids and the instructors.

I have not had any bad experiences at Perisher except when I was initially learning snowboarding and coming off the chair lifts second best. There are lots of runs to choose from beginner, immediate and advanced levels and you can make an adventure out of your time traveling from one place to the another, for instance Front Valley to Blue Cow.

The food and drinks are expensive so I recommend taking a small backpack loaded with Gatorades and brekky bars. The Sundance Bakery is highly recommended for pies and they serve the best hot chocolates.

Read my full review here @ http://www.smartbuysguide.com/try-perisher/

1  Thank Lazypresident
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Milo kids club ski school was awesome. Ski instructors in Milo Club were all friendly. Facilities were set out well. I got a locker for the week as could put extra gear for the kids in. Although a tight squeeze when everyone getting changed!