“The Marritz”
Review of Marritz Hotel

Marritz Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Perisher Valley
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have been staying at the Marritz now for over 10 years and wouldn't stay anywhere else.
We were a bit concerned about the change of management and losing a good friend in Carlos, the previous manager, however, we found the new management are just as wonderful and we hope to build a long standing relationship with Catherine and her family.
We feel like we are visiting friends when we arrive at the Marritz. The staff are friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The quality of the meals is fantastic, I'm sure the best onthe mountain.
We always stay in the Executive suite which is more than adequate for our family of 4 and of course the pool is an added bonus, it's lovely to relax in a warm pool at the end of a hard days skiing.
Yes, it is at the upper end of the price range but I feel that you pay for what you get and it depends on what you want for your holiday.
I do hope that that there are not too many changes made as we love it how it is.
Thanks for another wonderful ski holiday.
The O'Byrne family.

Room Tip: Executive suites have 2 rooms( and 2 toilets) which get you away from the kids!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Regina O
There are newer reviews for Marritz Hotel

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights, the management and staff were excellent, making us feel very comfortable and helpful with any enquiry we had. The food was absolutely beautiful and always something new on the menu each night, the views from the restaurant and our room were just beautiful. Unfortunately I twisted my ankle on our second day there and management plus their staff were more than helpful in offering medical help which made me feel comfortable knowing that they were there for me, as it turns out I've broken my ankle so it was more serious than first thought, but on the mend slowly. Would highly recommend The Marritz Alpine to everyone who needs accommodation at Perisher as the number one place to stay. We will definitely be going back there to stay. Well done to the wonderful Marritz Alpine Team.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I most recently completed a holiday at the Marritz Alpine at Perisher Vally, and I must say it was the best ski holiday we have ever had. I have been staying on the snow for the past 13 years in the same week, and never before have I experienced the quality of food service and staff attitude that I experienced in the week gone past. Nothing was too hard for the staff, the rooms were awesome and the staff were more than helpful with all our needs. I could not reccommend more strongly a holiday at the Marritz, it is a fresh change to get this qulaity of service and attitude. Keep it up guys we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: All rooms are good and it does not matter which room you get as they all face the the mountain and t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have never been welcomed at a lodge or hotel - and I have travelled the world, and stayed in many luxury hotels - like we were was at The Marritz:) The standard of service is second to none. The food is outstanding, 3 course gourmet meals every night, hearty 2 course buffet breakfast - with free plunger coffee - every morning. My 6 year old ate every single "delicious" meal - unusual for a kids menu! The heated pool is just what you need after a day on the slopes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We didn't want to leave! I would not hesitate recomending The Marritz to anyone who wants an indulgent, comfortable and special stay right on the snow in Perisher:)

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Perjelle
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed for six nights with a group of friends towards the start of the season. The staff were very efficient and friendly. I'd stay there just for the food and atmosphere, we ate there three meals a day and it was worth travelling for. The management team were very adept at managing our large group.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rupert a
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I decided to go to Perisher for our anniversary this year and the Marritz Alpine was selected based on the reviews. We weren't disappointed. The location was fantastic with views of front valley from every window of our junior suite. The staff we're all amazingly friendly and pleasant to deal with each day. We actually met one staff member by accident on the snow field who took the time to walk us over the beginners area and explain some local snow knowledge.

The food was outstanding, we had breakfast and dinners included in our package and at first thought that this would restrictive. However, as the days went on the dinners got better and better. I can't even explain how good the food is, you'll just need to try it!

One downside to our four night, 5 day stay was the room. Don't expect an ultra modern or dust free room at the marritz. The seventies styled room was explained on our second day when the staff advised that the resort at come under new management in 2011 and I'm sure will be updated in the seasons to come. However, the dust in the room was unbearable. Thankfully we spent all day and most nights outside the room.

Overall, we would recommend the Marritz Alpine for any snow holiday, family or couple. We had such a great time and would definitely go back next year.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Marritz in June. Great location close to the lifts at Perisher, and a fantastic view of the mountain from our room. Most importantly, the staff were welcoming and friendly. I would certainly recommend staying her on your next trip to the slopes!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends