“Lovely park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peak Hill
Peak Hill Caravan Park
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stumbled upon this park in the old mining town, how refreshing & friendly. What was even better was they are connected via satellite whereby one only has to plug in the coaxial into the outlet in the power box. For a small park, this was a big plus. Very clean ablutions, but once again, need a refurbish, but as there were new owners, I am sure they will eventually update this side of things.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rhonda M
Carol D, Owner at Peak Hill Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you, Rhonda, for your review of our park. We're glad that you appreciated the tv connections and, yes, as new owners we hope to make some improvements to the amenities. We trust that you enjoyed your stay and that you will visit Peak Hill again. We wish you safe traveling.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We did not want The hassel to go to a big town for a stop over so we chose Peak Hill Caravan Park and we were very pleasantly surprised. We have a 22ft Caravan and we were very proffessionally showed to our site and guided in. Peak Hill is a small caravan park with big personality. We went for a walk to check out the town and missed out on the scones, jam and cream, dam. The toilet block is old but beautifully clean with soap and paper towel. The BBQ was well kept and very clean and well lit. Our little dog had a great time as the owners were not overly strict as long as you do the right thing and pick up. Walking distance to the Bowls club and RSL for meals, this is a great little place. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Very short distance to town, so can walk to pubs and clubs for a meal and a drink
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cbak748
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent our New Years Eve at this park....I think we were the only ones who managed to stay awake until Midnight....It's a small friendly park which is well maintained and good value.

We stayed 3 nights with our camper trailer...the sites are large and include drive through site which is very handy. It's not a huge park but we like it like there....when we were there it was mainly older couples either travelling to or from Queensland.

There is a nice area to walk your dog and you are within walking distance to the local club for a meal which is quite good value and very tasty.

The amenities block at the park was spotlessly clean and the showers were hot and water pressure good.

They have an attraction onsite called the fossil hut which contains the fossil of a huge fish...you get free entry when you stay at the park....this was quite nice until we found out it was a replica and not the real thing...as were most of the other samples in the hut but at least it's free :)

The Park is also situated on the road to the lookout and I highly recommend it as you can see for miles. There is also a weir nearby which is great for fishing and swimming and having a picnic....There is a bbq and a covered table with seats.

All in all I would recommend Peak Hill Caravan Park for it's proximity to the Dish at Parkes and also Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo and it also helps support our smaller towns.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jallen160808
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This place is fantastic!!!!! Owners so, so helpful and knowledgeable. The amenities were clean as a whistle. The park was lovely and clean weel upkept. To top it off they came around to everyone about 4pm and presented all with scones with jam and cream!!!! Amazing what little things can make you feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank KLM1057
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The caravan park Is great. I stayed in one of the cabins and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was travelling in between Brisbane and Melbourne but thought Dubbo was too hustle and bustle. By the time I got to Peak Hill (8:30) I was very tired and would of stayed anywhere which had a bed and and a roof overhead. But I got a hundred times better than that. One of the best things was the shop. Extremely cheap. Only a dollar for a chilled can of any soft drink you like. And I'm just getting tired. I urge you to stay here, caravan or not. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2012
9  Thank Cooldude1998
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Where do I start to detail our stay at Peak Hill other than to say in summary I had a fantastic time !!! So to the details, I am more than happy to give praise where praise is due and on the same note be blunt and say when I receive bad service.

I travel a lot with my work and in fact atm am 1700 km's away from my home in a very sterile but nice hotel that my company booked for me ... and it lacks all the character and fun that I had whilst staying at Peak Hill Caravan Park in their onsite cabins.

The background of our trip was to find accommodation that allowed 2 adults and 3 kids to go to the Parkes Radio Telescope (The Dish) and to the Toronga Western Plains Zoo. Despite some confusing information from Google Maps ... Peak Hill is pretty close to dead centre between the two locations. I didn't originally make the booking, and when my Partner told me we were staying in cabins I was a bit concerned and thought that is something that my parents do ! After doing so, I am more than happy to say that I am willing to eat my words cause I had such a great time and am only disappointed that we ended up doing the trip without the kids.

I had such a great time to be honest that for our family travel moving on I am more than happy now to look at cabins and this type of accommodation in lieu of Hotels !!!

Other than the fantastic location ... the owners of the park were just brilliant. Their knowledge of the local area and service was great ... by the time we left I honestly felt like I should be sending them a christmas card this year to keep in contact with them !

I would honestly like to think that if International tourists really wanted to find out what Australian Hospitality was like ... then staying here would show that. I think for me what was really fantastic was that it wasn't only just the Park Owners but everybody else that I met during that time in the town.

For somebody that normally does corporate travel in sterile minimum 4 star + hotels with 24 hour room service ... I had more fun staying in Peak Hill in the self contained cabin than anywhere in the last 5 years I think ! My partner and I had time to be ourselves and enjoy the holiday like a home away from home and everybody was just so friendly!

I would 100% recommend especially is your have a family staying there if you are in the area and looking for accommodation. The Parkes Telescope is open daily for visitors and has a visitors center but to actually go inside and though the place you will need to check their website for their open day ... and trust me ... it was an experience I have wanted to do for about 15 years and on this trip ... did the tour of the Dish and crawled through it 5 times whilst I was there ! It was such a buzz !

Western Plains Zoo ... hrmmm ... it was good ... but was slightly disappointed since it has become part of taroonga that it felt a little bit more commercialised than when I originally went there. It was a great day and I would go to it again next time we come back out here, but I think I would time it again for an open day at Parkes. My partner managed to take 1200 photos whilst we were at the Dish ... and am smiling thinking back to it ... wish the kids were with us to enjoy it.

Room Tip: For the cabins and if you have a family phone them and let them know how many people as the cabin si...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family