“Great place to visit.”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

While traveling in our campervan we called in here for lunch. All the meals my family had were great. We enjoyed wandering around the nursery, gallery and home wares store and the kids loved visiting the barn to see the animals. There were camels, goats, cows, ponies etc and some very adorable kittens. All of these additional things on offer at this venue made the lunch extra special.

There are newer reviews for Oaklands Cafe

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fantastic Food with Fantastic Service & Great Hospitality, from the owner down through the Staff, all had great attitudes & very helpful, if you suffer from Cealoics Desease this place will brighten you up.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The location looks a bit touristy but the cafe is a real gem.
The staff were welcoming and the food was great - they were happy to accommodate a gluten-free request.
They were particularly caring towards our slightly cranky 21-month-old and cheered her up with a Freddo frog.
Food quality is important but friendly staff such as these make all the difference.

3  Thank J R
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We eat here at least once a fortnight and have never been disappointed.
Their menu is interesting and inventive, the food consistently good and the coffee excellent.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Apologies Oaklands. I didn't want to stop when one of our group suggested it. I thought you were another tourist trap with uninteresting over priced food. Now I can't wait to return. The cafe is part of a complex comprising a plant nursery, stock feed, gourmet food,and homewares shops and a petting shed. There could even be more, it is big. The first hint this place was good was the number of tables with reserved signs on them. There is plenty of outdoor seating with umbrellas. Indoors it has a rustic Australian theme, plenty of large heavy wood tables to cater for groups and smaller ones too, and a lovely stone fireplace. The menu was comprehensive. Our order ranged from kid's meals, pannini on house made bread, Turkish pide and mains. The lady serving us was great, she explained each menu item and gave good recommendations. I really appreciated how she spoke to the children in the group, letting them give their own orders. The stand-out meal was the pork belly in balsamic dressing with strawberries. Even the children were begging the lucky recipients for more off their plate. The cakes going past us looked substantial. I was thrilled to see an eggless cake (having an egg allergy) as well as gluten free on the menu. Whenever I stop for a coffee I love a place that has new magazines and papers to read. And there were!
To end the meal on an even nicer note, the cashier was more than happy to split the bill for our families. Some of our group were quite serious about going for a walk and coming back for afternoon tea. Instead we took the children to the petting shed. A gold coin donation and we could pat or observe goats and kids, alpacas, ducks, chickens and chicks, kittens, ostriches, peahens and chicks, horses, camels, donkeys, a mule and cattle. There were pony rides too. I wish I had read a previous review reminding you to check shoes for poo. My son later realized he had spread something all over the carpet in the car!