Discovery Parks - Pambula Beach
Idlewilde Town & Country Motor Inn(Pambula)(Great Value!)
$81
$73
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjumping pillowkids clubcaravan parkschool holidayskids facilitiesgreat parkheated tilesoutdoor poolocean view villacamp kitchengames roomstorage roomensuite sitetoilet blockfriendly kangaroosbush villasouth coast
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a couple of times now & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It's paradise for kids with playground, jumping pillow, indoor & outdoor pools & games room! It will be even better after 12th December with pool playground construction finishing. It can be more expensive than other parks but it's right on the beach, amongst nature & has good facilities (bathrooms are a bit dated but well functioning & clean). My recommendation is keep food/rubbish locked away as kangaroos will get it. Each time we have lost a loaf of bread. Have a meal upstairs of the camp kitchen, great views!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lisa Z
DiscoveryHolidayPark, Manager at Discovery Parks - Pambula Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks for your review and sharing your experience!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was in two minds about writing this review as I don't want to share this place. My family and I have been coming here for 18 years and we love it. As soon as I drive up to the reception I feel all my stress disappear. The location is great with it only being 6klms from Merimbula that has a Woollies and everything else you could need. The park is well maintained, the staff friendly and although the amenities are a bit dated, this is the only park I have been to that has heated tiles on the floor of the showers. My children aged 26, 24 and 21 still enjoy coming here and my 26 year old daughter has brought her daughter there as well. Third generation of campers at Pambula Beach. We have stayed in a lot of other caravan parks recently on a trip down the coast and when we got to Pambula we looked at each other and said 'why did we bother, we should have just come straight here'.

I noticed that one of the other reviewers compalined about being told to be quiet. The security guard that is employed during peak seasons has a job to do and it is his job to keep all the campsites quiet. We have been told several times to keep the noise down which we thought was fair enough. He is there to ensure confort for all, not just us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Fiona B
DiscoveryHolidayPark, Manager at Discovery Parks - Pambula Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hi Fiona B, thanks for your review! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the park for many years to come (and thanks for sharing your secret gem!)

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a bush villa which was private and felt isolated despite being in a massive park. The layout of the cabins is really good. Ours was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed for a 4 night stay. The facilities were great, lots of things for the kids. Unfortunately there are no organised activities in weekends, but with absolute beach front that hardly mattered! The only complaint I would have is that the playground an jumping pillow weren't available until almost 9am. Kids get up earlier than that!

I think the facilities would be too crowded if the park were full, but it was perfect when we were there and there were more facilities under construction.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank 255314Louise

Thanks for your review! The new facilities you noticed being constructed is our brand new Water Park - the Sapphire Soaker! It'll be open from December 12th. Hopefully we will see you in the park again when you can enjoy the facilities to the fullest.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights in our Van on an Ensuite site, double slab, covers both the van and the annex, the Ensuite is a good size, but also the Ensuite has a "storage room" which allows all miscellaneous items like chairs, BBQ, etc to be locked away. All the facilities are very clean and tidy. The Broken Oar Cafe/Bar/Shop is on the corner of the park and has everything you need for your stay. The swimming pools are excellent, one is heated, work is also underway on a Waterpark for the kids which we be complete by Xmas. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Any of the Ensuite Van sites are good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RossLyon
DiscoveryHolidayPark, Manager at Discovery Parks - Pambula Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi RossLyon, thanks for your review!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for a week over the Sept. school holidays, it was very cramped and hard to manoeuvre our van to our site. The park was nowhere near full although very busy, the showers were cold by 9am. The night watchman visited at 10.20pm on a Saturday night and we were told to be quiet, we were 3 women sitting in our van laughing and talking. To top it off, as a park employee walked past our camp we were told to turn our radio down while listening to the midday news, it was just audible. In total we were told 3 times to be quiet although the jack hammer that was being used for renovations didn't seem to worry people. My husband and I travelled for 3 months around Australia and we're never told to be quiet, this park is over the top and maybe they need a holiday!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DiscoveryHolidayPark, Manager at Discovery Parks - Pambula Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hi Caravan20135, thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and use all comments to further improve and develop the products and services we deliver.