“BIT DISAPPOINTING”
Review of Outback Motor Inn

Outback Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nyngan
Outback Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nyngan
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed with a mate recently to break up a trip to far west nsw. accomodation not too bad, but we had to wait well over an hour and a half for room service meals . also a lot of miners working at cobar stay there and they start making noise around 6am. this place does the job but........

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jim d

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nine of us travelled to Nyngan purely for the joy of a motorcycle ride to the beginning of the outback. I'd stayed at the Outback Motor Inn many times, many years ago and certainly wasn't disappointed in any way. The exceptional service, even before we got there, coupled with very genuinely helpful and engaging staff, made the stay perfect. Restaurant was great too, and they did well catering for us when there was a large function on at the same time. I just wish every place you stayed set a benchmark for real service like this.

Room Tip: Service this good should be the benchmark everywhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stopped in to eat at the Restaurant and really enjoyed it.I have a friend in Bourke who told me of her experience and since we were travelling back to bourke from the coast thought why not stop and have dinner. I think the service was OK but wait staff need to be more aware of what is going on in the area. I enjoyed my meal which was lovely, the steak cooked to perfection. I did wait a little bit for my meal but I wasn't in a hurry to eat my meal, it was dinner not lunch on the go! I didn't stay in the motel so can't comment on that but overall it was nice and food was great, thank you for such a good meal!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My daughter and I decided to take my mum out for dinner on Saturday night to the Restuarant at the Outback Motor Inn in Nyngan. The service was great, very pleasant waiter and waitress. The meal however was outrageously priced and almost inedible. Would not recommend to anyone.......

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Still travelling, got to 4ish, raining very hard, extra tired, pulled into Outback Motor Inn, Nyngan, I had been battleing rain, terrible road conditions, being detoured due to flooding, so I was tired.
Waiting, waiting eventually a young person came out and booked me in, not overly friendly, looked busy. I think I was in the newer part. Room reasonable size, Plenty of parking and a restaurant onsite.And a guest laundry....terrific. bit hard to find, but free everything machines & dryers, probably the laundry powder as well, I dont use powder / liquids while away, I carry very cheap shampoo to wash my stuff, as my clothes smell great after washing...
I was issued with a family room or interconnected room, little did I know until later that it was not sound proof, and my neighbours had a very small new born with them, who was a screamer, and would scream and cry on the hour from 1a.m. onwards, plus Mum & Dad had the TV blasting, so wasnt pleasant. I did sleep till 1 a.m. thanks to the wine I had with dinner. Again waiting waiting big local party on, very entertaining and lots of laughs. good meal not a bad price, but be prepared to wait. On checking out again waiting waiting and I just had to say something about my neighbours, I was informed that I should have gone to the manager, who would have moved me....thats O.K. but I am not going to prace around with my 'jammies on' at that time of the morning, and they seemed very angry with these other people with the baby.Look overall these are country/rural places, I dont expect 5 stars, and I would think that it would be very difficult to maintain these places at the best of times. Also, found the pillows really hard and uncomfortable but I was happy and safe, everything worked.

Room Tip: Double check if you have a connecting room, and try and find out who is next door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank FoxieOz
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night. We have two small children. We were just staying in the town for one night before travelling to Dubbo. It was absolutely awful. Where do I even begin? The room was really dirty, the carpets dirty, and the pillows stank. Everything was old and broken, there was no lock on the door. The bathroom was old and the tiles near the sink were broken and cracked all along and hanging off. It was very dirty and the towels provided were boardy and s,elt like sewage. Needless to say we did not hang about for breakfast, checked out as quickly as possible. This is the worst hotel that we have ever stayed in. An absolute disgrace.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Chilled176
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed with five mates during july 2012, only for one night, in two rooms. Look the bathrooms may be a touch small, but we had a nice balcony, a few quiet beers at the local services club and a wonderful home cooked meal in room at night. the beds were pretty comfortable and the location quiet. it suited our needs perfectly and i can recommend especially to fishos breaking up a trip to the darling at louth or tilpa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Outback Motor Inn? Share your experiences!