“Family friendly, affordable & consistent.”
Review of Nowra Steakhouse

Nowra Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 84 Restaurants in Nowra
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Family friendly, affordable & consistent.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

As a regular, our family loves the Steakhouse for its relaxed atmosphere, making us feel welcome with our noisy brood. The meals are huge, great value & definitely worth the full belly feeling you leave with. Staff are fun & always happy to assist with all needs with a smile. 3 course meal def a favourite esp when the buffalo wings are in the menu. :-)
Yes the decor could be updated as many mention but at the end of the day it's about the food & experience & we enjoy our visits each & every time... Thanks to all the staff, keep up the good work & see you again soon :-)

• Visited March 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This steakhouse did not live up to my expectation of the steakhouses in Sydney. I expected some kind of a theme but the restaurant had a very dated look. Looked like it was a 70s diner at some point, maybe even a Chinese restaurant!

We were served by a very rude Caucasian girl who sat us on one of the worse tables until we later asked another staff member to be moved and she was much nicer to us.

The food itself was good. I had the Surf and Turf with a side of Mushroom sauce. The mush sauce was delicious!
We also had the mornay scallops for entree and this made me feel so sick that I couldn't even eat half of my main! Very very put off by this scallop dish and I usually love scallops but they had the roe bit attached. The sauce was also too overwhelming for me. Yuck.
My partner enjoyed it though.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Joy T
sydney
“A really yummy lunch”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Travelling through Nowra, we decided that we would grab a steak at Nowra Steakhouse based on the reviews. No, its not fine dining. No, the décor is not fabulous but the girls have big smiles on their faces while they serve you, the servings are HUGE and we paid $67 for drinks and an entrée and 3 mains (one of which was a rib eye!!) I am so glad we had my sister-in-law with us. It was her choice ( hubby and I would never have chosen to dine there on our own as I am not a great red meat eater. We wanted to continue on to Kangaroo Valley for lunch.)

SOOOO glad we stopped and ate here. It was a really enjoyable experience. Thanks girls.

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Typical Steakhouse”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

If you want a decent steak, you've found it. Nowra Steakhouse delivers on its food, bloody good steaks. There's nothing flash about it, it's in the same building as the tourist information centre, looks like nothing's changed since 1980 and would seat 100 max.

Perfect for a well priced meal with the boys, wouldn't recommend it for Date Night though.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Cal P
“Nowra taj”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise to find this Indian restaurant located on the highway at south nowra the food was fantastic and definitely will be going again