“Tired and hungry”

Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Nowra
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great service,happy wait staff,solid travelling food,no complaints!I will happily return when I revisit Nowra.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very impressed with this establishment. We have eaten there for the Lunch Special and the portions were great and the meal (we had 4 different ones) was fantasitic. We have also had the 3 course special and have now tried everything on the menu. Considering most people find this place by accident (on a sandwich board sign on the highway - after you have already passed it), we have been truly impressed. The waitress is really good with the kids, and the chef comes out regualrly for a qucik check to see that everyone is happy. Remember that this is a regional town, not Sydney, and just enjoy a flashback to the 80's but with better quality food.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff were very welcoming and polite, even the cook Paul I think his name was came out to see if our meals were fine and we were comftable. Meals were lovely and a great atmosphere!!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Staff friendly, but service slow and food, although generous portions, was really average :( Asked them to hold the onion... onion arrived. Satay prawns tasted like curry powder with peanut butter. Steak overcooked and not good quality. Chips soggy. my friend ordered the barra and was convinced it was not as advertised - apparently awful and she only ate a little. A disappointment altogether because a good steakhouse is, well, a good steakhouse and I was really looking forward to the evening. At least the company was second to none!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner, children `and I attended this "steakhouse" this afternoon for an early dinner (4 January 2013). After a couple of days sightseeing around the Berry area, we thought we'd try something in Nowra.

Pros:

* 2 high chairs provided for our twins

* polite waitress

* close to Stockland mall which has a Subway, where you can grab something to eat after leaving this establishment hungry!

Cons:

* whilst portions were large, the quality of food was appalling!! My partner ordered a rib eye steak, medium rare for his main - he got it more than well done. I ordered a new york sirloin, medium - it came out well done (slightly burnt on bottom, and too tough to eat). The carrots were just barely cooked, and broccoli over cooked. You could tell the quality of meat was cheap. The mains set us back $55. I did not eat my main as it was awful (so a waste of money), but i did eat the two tiny bits of corn cob provided! I went back to our accommodation hungry, finding a packet of Burger Rings in the car which i had for dinner instead!

* food just slopped on the plate. Nothing appealing about its appearance.

* we ordered salt and chilly beef strips for starters ($11, for 4 strips of beef) - the meat stank. We also ordered the herb bread ($5) - so salty, it was inedible.

* mains arrived within 15 minutes of us being seated, which leaves one to assume that the food is pre-cooked, and then simply re-heated.

* yes the decor is dated (reminding me of a 1960s Bond movie) - however, that didn't bother me at all; though we have been to some fantastic steakhouses in Sydney, and its nice to eat somewhere where the restaurant owners takes pride in their business' appearance.

Overall, despite polite service, there was nothing redeeming about the food. Every course ordered was awful and inedible. My partner says we've had better pub meals for $10! Would never go back. (Better off going to the Thai restaurant across the street).

Been to Nowra Steakhouse? Share your experiences!