“Just walked in and sat down!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Southern Stone Bar & Rock Grill
Ranked #21 of 85 Restaurants in Nowra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
act
“Just walked in and sat down!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nowra was a transit town for us and we were looking to have some lunch and get out of the car for a bit. The restaurant looked like it had just opened and was very clean and fresh. Maybe it was just on opening time and they had only started business for the day, or that's how it is all day every day! the Service was average, but the food was really nice. We tried a variety of meals from the menu and we all enjoyed what we ordered. I ordered a Scotch Fillet on the Stone and obviously it was cooked to perfection as I did it myself! It wasn't a King Island steak, and if it was an angus, it wasn't top shelf angus, but at least it filled a craving and I can't complain about that! Was it family friendly? I think so, would I go back there? Certainly I would!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Culburra Beach, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant. The food is always good and we receive excellent service every time. The rib eye is tender and flavoursome.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Grays81
Sydney, Australia
“Poor service, bad food, terrible atmosphere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food is not nice, it takes way too long to get to your table (& of course you then still have to cook it)
The staff are not welcoming or friendly, nor do they take note of if you need new drinks or anything.
The atmosphere is noisy, busy, hot & not enjoyable.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 13b
Sacramento, CA
“Great food cooked to perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

You can get your meat served on a hot rock "slab" and cook it to your liking. I got the prime rump. I like my beef well done, but not burned to a crisp. By slicing the meat and letting the pieces cook, it turned out tender, juicy and delicious. The vegetable sides were very good and the dessert was yummy.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Allegro1
Byron Bay, Australia
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Interesting concept of "cook your own" at the table. Using hot rocks, the meat/fish is brought out to you raw and you cook it on the stone.

We ordered from the $32 three-course menu deal - works out so much cheaper than buying separate dishes as the mains alone are around $30each.

Bit of confusion regarding drinks - told by one waitress that we had to go to the bar and get our own, but then we watched another waitress take orders/deliver drinks to other diners. ALSO
when we arrived we were given a table at front door and up against storage door as was told that they were fully booked (we arrived at 8pm) yet restuarant wasn't full, and for rest of evening the many tables remained empty, including two 2seater tables with cosy atmosphere. (there were also 5 4seater tables free the whole time we were there).

Food was very delicious - salt&peper squid was very tender, the veges with my main were delicious, good portions of meat - I had the salmon and hubby the steak. good range of sauces/graveys - definately recommend this restuarant.

Visited January 2013