“Good Motel”

George Bass Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Nowra B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We enjoyed a night in this smart motel. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. There was everything you could need for your nights stay. Well worth a visit if you are passing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I wouldn't stay here again. The rooms are old. Although non smoking they smell like they used to be for smokers a long time ago. The extent of facilities are a fridge and kettle. I thought this was the main Street of Nowra but there is nothing around and nothing to do. The local pub closed at 7pm due to a public holiday. I didn't feel entirely safe walking around the streets with my family, the local youth look bored and we thought would start trouble. While watching tv I looked down at my arm to scratch an itch and saw a flea jump off. This is a new low! My advice - stay in nearby Berry instead.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Slaughters
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Clean & reasonably comfortable. Very basic but perfect for a quick overnighter. Beds & pillows were a bit firm but still OK. I was however VERY disappointed in the attitude of the gentleman running the show. In all my travels around the world I've never had a motel call me at 9:50am to tell me "this is a friendly reminder that you have 10 minutes". What the? Was there a mystery crowd waiting around the corner ready to descend on the motel this Sunday morning? Was there some sort of convention in town or a major event we didn't know about? Seriously - unless I order a wake up call there is no need to put me on a timer to get out. What a shame that this ruined an otherwise fairly pleasant experience. Note to the manager - customer service is everything in this game....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DanAndCamTorquay
Reviewed January 2, 2013

On arrival I wasn't greeted at reception. The gentleman in my opinion no more wanted to be there than the man on the moon. It seemed a pain to him that I was there at all.
The room decor was dated, like I was stepping into the twilight zone. Think of the decor of the tv show fawlty towers and your almost there.
The bed was comfy and there was good wifi and choice of tv stations.
The walls had scuff marks and the paint was chipping from the bathroom door.
The spider in the bathroom kept me on my toes as did the flies in the bedroom and bathroom.
The following morning there was lots of noise outside as the other rooms which had been vacated had been cleaned. As I left the room to take my things to the car and passed the same gentleman who had checked me in a few times I did say hello and good morning and he completely blanked me as if I wasn't even there. Absolutely no effort at customer service.
I personally wouldn't go back there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helenam8
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We recently stayed here two nights whilst we packed up our home readying for our big move to Perth.
Our booking had been made for us by work, we had a smooth check in & staff were polite. Our room was at the rear of the complex & was a little dated but generous in size, had a relatively comfy queen bed, there was a microwave, mini bar, table, sofa bed lounge, air con works a treat & a huge bathroom also. Connecting family rooms are also available.
Located centrally to shops, pubs, entertainment centre, restaurants. Bridge Rd can be busy (local traffic) but we didn't hear any traffic noise & not being on the highway a definite bonus.
Check out was smooth again- we left after the 10am checkout, however had our bags out & room was available for cleaning - we certainly didn't have any problems with management. I've had family members stay here a couple of times in the last 12 months & overall they've been happy but would suggest definitely worth requesting room at rear of complex.
Only hassle we had was arriving back to the motel after dinner on both nights to find the front lights at entrance & motel sign itself are not left on, so locating the driveway can be interesting, particularly if another car behind you...

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fe F
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Have stayed at this motel a few times when in Nowra for business. Have always found it to be very clean and comfortable, although the furniture does appear dated. The rooms are reasonable quiet, and in a great location, close to the Nowra CBD. The staff are efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RuthS529
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Only stayed one night but would stay again next time that I was in the area. Good hosts and very helpful with where to eat locally. Well away from the main highway which was a blessing. It was the best nights sleep I had for ages.

Room Tip: It is on a quiet road so any room would be good.