“Top Little Motel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Nowra B&B and Inns
Yass, Australia
“Top Little Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed there 3 times in 3 months with my sister, my husband and my 91 year old mother so my mother could be at the Shoalhaven hospital early in the morning for surgery. We were very pleased with the accommodation, very clean, quiet and convenient. Definitely give this motel a go. It has everything a normal person would look for at an affordable price, along with helpful and courteous managers.

Room Tip: Stayed in 3 different rooms and can recommend the executive suite where we stayed on the last visit.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marje H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We checked in late, with not one issue for a small motel. We were greeted and made feel right at home. (Nice surprise after reading the reviews) The managers are great, easy to talk to and more than obliging. As we are industry people coming from the Peppers chain in Northern NSW we had no idea of what to expect, but by golly we were surprised, the room (2 bed apartment) was clean and set up with all our needs and exceeded our expectations. Please give this little motel a go next time you’re in Nowra I know we will. Ken & Wendy thank you very much for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Marsden Park, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Well, I have to say I'm disappointed with some of the bad reviews I have read on here, mostly concerning the lack of honesty.
I've stayed with this hotel a few times now, and I cannot ask for better service, friendlier people, or cleaner environment.
Dated rooms? Really. It's called standard room, and it's alot better than some I have stayed in. Expensive? Hardly.
I've been there when there has been issues, and I have to say that if customers simply followed the rules, there would be no dramas. and I have not once seen the owners become rude, they simply take more of a business like approach. What do you expect when you flaunt the rules and be rude to them?
Anyway, I could pick on every nasty word these people wrote but I won't. All I will say is that you should probably go find some posh hotel in Sydney city, pay $500 a night, if not more, and maybe the staff up there with their nose in the air and not a care for your wants would appeal more to you.
Me, I prefer this hotel, with ken and wendy. Last time I stayed I wasn't well (due to lactose intolerance) and both of them went out of their way to make sure I was ok. It's called caring, and it's a rare thing.
They're down to earth, friendly people, they actually have the time of day for you, and when you're away from home on a work trip they just make everything that little bit better.
Oh, and for people looking to stay here, the tv is actually pretty good, the mini bars are decently priced, and the shower is heaven. And I swear they've soundproofed the rooms or something because it's so quiet. :)
And yes, I'm peeved at people ragging on my favorite place.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank DanniBlanch
toowoomba
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed there recently in a standard room. Terrible, very dated and should have been refurbished 10 years ago. Grossly over priced for a rundown motel room. Very small, very dated, bed terrible, stamp size TV and fridge. My rating 3 star or less. Never Never again.
Office stinks of smoke.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before booking in.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DellToowoomba
Australind, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed at this motel recently and would not recommend staying there. The Managers are rude and unfriendly and found the town to be very unfriendly also. Rooms are average. Definately need an update. The only good thing is its close to club and restaurants.

Room Tip: rethink this mote
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank babyshaddow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We loved our stay. The room was great. Everything we needed for two weeks. Great kitchen with enough appliances to easily cook meals. Lots of room to spread out, unpack and relax. The managers were amazing - friendly, helpful and went the extra mile to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Location is great - very central and close to everything. I would go back any time! Thank you George Bass!

• Stayed January 2012
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was unfortunate enough to select this motel on my recent stay. On booking in I met the nastiest woman on reception I have ever met staying in motels over the past 40 years.
If there had been accommodation available anywhere else at the time, I would have left on the spot and not taken a tirade of abuse from this woman.
My recommendation is, avoid this motel at all costs while the current management is in place.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple