“Amazing”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

The most incredible experience of my life. I'm celiac, lactose intolerant and vegetarian...couldn't get more difficult than me but I was more than catered for. Didn't feel like I missed out on the experience for a second I've never had a restaurant be more accommodating. The food was amazing on so many levels. The menu is picked on tastes you love not what you see written down. A whole new way to look at food. I'll definitely be back.

2 Thank Katr1234

Sydney, Australia
“What an experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I ate at Ritual and were blown away by the experience. Such an interesting way to deliver interesting food. No menu, you're guided by your tastebuds. We had 4 canapés then 3 main courses, but in-between them were pallet cleansers and other interesting bits. I'm reluctant to tell you what we had, go and find out, you won't be disappointed. We did the matching wines, the red were sensational. Despite the amount of food we ate we didn't walk away feeling bloated or uncomfortable, just satisfied. A pleasant change.

The staff too were great, very knowledgable and seemed to really enjoy the guests reactions to the dishes. Book well in advance.

Also recommend staying at Nelson Bay B&B as we did.

1 Thank AndrewHughes2013
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An food experience, not just a dinner out”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ritual is food entertainment rather than a normal dining experience. If you love food and are willing to try new things you will enjoy yourself. Not everything hits the spot (garlic fairyfloss?!) but there is so much on offer. I promise you will not be bored.

Enjoyed the matching red wine, but not so much the whites. Matching local craft beers are also available.

Service was efficient and friendly. The decor artistic and part of the night.

My recommendation is to go here for the food itself. A cheaper night out can be had if you are interested in the company and some reasonable food.

“AMAZING”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband I went here for a date night and I must say it was a wonderful experience. Walking into a moodily lit entrance way we were treated to four canapés some of which were rosemary and garlic fairy floss, tom yum soup balls.
We ordered the matching wines to go with the entrees, mains and desserts and they were perfectly matched. Won't go into the journey of the night but believe me, it's definitely worth every cent! All beautifully presented, great service and relaxed atmosphere. We will be back!

Newcastle, Australia
“Excellent dining theatre”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

What an interesting experience. Essentially a clever twist on a degustation menu - but with a story to tell and elements of personal choice. Price of $360 for 2 was not unreasonable for the complexity of all the elements. Bravo!

• Visited June 2014