“Highly recommended”

Ritual Organics
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Ate here for last night of our Australian holiday. Fantastic choice. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Compares well with any Michelin starred restaurant I've been to. Not cheap (at least when translated to GBP at current exchange rate), but excellent value for money given quality of food and the uniqueness and innovation. Every mini-course was a delight and the "tasting spoons" which decide which entrees you get add variety and extra interest. The tasting wall is an interesting idea and every course is beautifully presented in/on interesting plates/dishes...

We weren't offered to option of up-sizing our wine glasses for the main course as the one bad review here (at time of writing) did, but there is a total of 300ml of wine for your money which for restaurant pricing isn't unreasonable. Tap water is free and plentifully refilled and the service overall was outstanding. On the night we went, there was one table of 10, a table of 4 and a table of 2. Privacy was fine, even though this was 4 more than they usually take.

My only regret is that it's 24 hours of flying if I want to go again, as I surely will next time I'm in the area. We were able to get a reservation at a few days notice but I guess this wont often be the case. Don't miss this place.

Only niggle: you can't phone to book and they want a credit card to secure the booking and there is no secure web site to do this -- you have to send details in a regular email or by post -- the former isn't desirable. Luckily I was already in area and just popped the form in their door. The place itself is oddly located in a suburban mini-shopping "mall", and the restroom is in the shopping mall, but this isn't really a problem. But nothing here to stop me giving this a top rating.

1  Thank Leedsflyer
There are newer reviews for Ritual Organics

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Chef Carls gastronomical concoctions ambushed and assailed my senses. So stimulating was the architecture of his origami feasts that I felt a delirious euphoria that I've never experienced before. From starter to pallet cleanser to blind tastings and exquisite deserts, the Ritual is a temple of gastronomy that deserves to be the capital of the Sydney food scene. Chef Carl and his staff are clearly enjoying themselves as they created, educated and served the most diverse, flavoursome and symphonicaly synchronous culinary pleasures I have yet had the fortune of experiencing.

1  Thank SydneyCdp
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Ritual cannot be described as a "restaurant"...it is so much more than that. It truly is a culinary and sensory journey. All of the senses are charged from the tactile, tasteful, textures to the aural and visual elegance, this is unlike any other dining experience. You have to immerse yourself in it to truly appreciate the creative genius of Carl and Keely.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had just the best night at Ritual. The food we fun and thought provoking. Every little course and mouthful was bursting with flavour and texture. The tasting spoons used to decide your palate choices was an fantastic concept and even though you thought you knew what the course was going to be it was a surprise. The presentation and passion of Carl and Kellie’s entire team really made this a very memorable night in our foodie diary!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The most enjoyable dining experience I have EVER had.

Matched wines also went down a treat.

If you're into top quality food and having an 'experience' as opposed to a 'meal'
then this place is a MUST!!!!!