“Private appartments”

Nelson Towers Motel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Nelson Bay
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We recently stayed in the private appartments in this complex. The room had outstanding views. We are a family and it catered fpor our needs. The master bedroom had a queen size bed and plenty of storage areas. The second room had 2 single beds which were great for our 2 teenage children.
The venue had high security access which was pleasing.
The balcony looked out over the marina and bay area. We were close tp the shops and all activities.
I would recommend this venue to any family.

Room Tip: I suggest you book the private suites rather than the motel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Nelson Towers Motel

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a slightly shabby hotel, in need of some repair and refurbishments but the location is fantastic, right opposite the marina and bay at Nelsons Bay. The hotel has a roof top pool and area to relax in and is located over some shops and restaurants, within in easy walk of everywhere in Nelsons Bay. The waterview rooms have a lovely view however ours was at the back of the hotel so no view but roomy unfortunately it smelt from the restaurants cooking downstairs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robyn25
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I just got back from staying here with my friends! We stayed up till midnight just drinking n talking n we had a knock at the door which was John n his wife who r rude as anything telling us that they live here n we need to keep the noise level down otherwise the police will be called! About 5 minutes later the old grumpy woman knocks on our door again n says we have cameras in the hall way so if use mess up we can watch very thing n you will be charged on ur credit card!We were not doing anything wrong! I would not recommended paying $200 a night as u can't even talk amongst yourselves n have a few drinks with out the old grumpy pair knocking on your door!its their own fault living in a motel.. Of course there is going to be noise! Would not recommend this place for younger people especially !!!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Marley001
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My Husband, Son and I just arrived in Nelson Bay that night. this was first hotel we went in.
John gave me the prices which sounded reasonable. Room Clean, Bed hard as rock.
Lot of Motel noise. Security excellent.
parking convenient.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary this weekend and we decided that we would stay at Nelson bay. With email confirmation 2 weeks ago I asked about another night!
I had a reply from Bev and she gave info but we decided against the Friday night stay and I emailed her stating this and what time we would be there on Saturday morning!
We arrived to Nelson Towers Motel at 11.30AM I was then advised by JOHN (very rude and angry man) that he had sold OUR room as we didn't turn up for Friday night and thought we were not coming! I tried to show him my email (bless iPhone emails) but he bluntly said "I can't read that" so I read it out!
He offered a bayview room at a reduced rate but not the price I was going to originally pay but because of his attitude towards us I told him that I would rather spend my money else where to which he replied "good I dont want ur money, go find somewhere else"
We walked out FURIOUS... We went 200 metres up the road to Central Motel (opposite police station) where the manager was absolutely lovely and kind! He and his wife are the nicest motel managers I have EVER met!
I recommend EVERYONE to go to Central Motel before even bothering with Nelson Towers Motel!
So disappointed in John's attitude as his wife Bev was very helpful.
Message to John, maybe u need Customer Service training and learn how to speak politely to ur customers!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
7  Thank Natz82
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I had booked a room about a week ago and had clearly asked about changes in circumstances for cancellation. John, who looks after these things said to me that "we are getting full quickly, so shouldn't be a problem".
I called in 48 hours before my booking time and asked to cancel the booking, the lady said it will be fine, there will be no cancellation fee. So i call in to cancel the booking, John picks up and starts talking about their policies.
Rude as hell.
I wouldn't go there ever again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Hiren S
Reviewed July 11, 2011

stayed for 2 nights, staff was helpful and underground parking was handy. Rooms were very small and very outdated with uncomfortable furniture, the lounge room didnt even have a lounge! Just a single bed that was hard and uncomfortable, bed was also quite hard. Bathroom was nice except the corner spa we paid extra for was pretty small and crappy. Tv only had standard channels-no foxtel. However the balcony was huge and the view was great, and when we requested more towels they were delivered immediatly. I liked being able to walk to dinner and not have to worry about driving home. Some sort of breakfast option would have been great, rather than having to trek out in the morning. The heater in the room worked quite well and we were warm even thogh it was july. Probably wouldnt stay here again as it was way overpriced, and you are literally paying for the view.

• Stayed: July 2011