“Intelligent menu, Well thought out layout & pleasant service”

The Little Nel Cafe
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A leafy cafe popular with the locals, just off the main street and worth searching out for the best coffee in town.
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

There has obviously been quite a lot of thought put into this cafe. My salad was very generous & had flavour & I liked the diversity of seating options.

1  Thank Mick U

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great food - love the pesto eggs..... great atmos, frequented by the locals (always a good sign) and great value!!

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited on recommendation of a friend who lives locally- otherwise we would never have known it was there. Glad to say we were not disappointed, in fact we were impressed! Friendly and helpful staff. Food was delicious (those mushrooms!) and I'm tempted to go back again tomorrow before we leave town. Good coffee and lovely sunny position. Worth the walk up the hill!

1  Thank Lozza428
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The cafe is actually part of the Nelson Hotel. The sign leading to it wasn't very clear and it took a while for us to find it. But the search was worth it. We each ordered the big breakfast. The portion was huge and very tasty. In fact it was too much for us that we couldn't finish it, which was a shame.

1  Thank CLin62
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed in shoal bay for the weekend with my husband and we looked up trip advisor for a nice place for breakfast and this place did not disappoint. I was a little skeptical after reading the excellent reviews as I have found at times some places have not lived up to the reviews. I am happy to report that Little Nell was a great experience apart from I chose to sit in the sun as it was cold but was soon very hot lol! We ordered eggs benedict and the vegetable stack both were very nice and we shared both dishes and nothing was left. It was reasonably priced and delicious. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing. The ham and sauce on the benedict was to die for and the bacon on the vegetable stack was delicious and had no fat on it (a pet hate of mine as I hate fat and always spend ages cutting it off) this place is a must for your next visit and next time we will try the lunch. Well done Little Nell.

1  Thank ozant