“Great little cafe”

The Little Nel Cafe
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A leafy cafe popular with the locals, just off the main street and worth searching out for the best coffee in town.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great food, big servings. Great coffee. Was very busy on Sunday morning for breakfast. Had to wait for a while for the meal, but it was worth it. Very friendly staff

1  Thank tanyal916

Reviewed July 21, 2013

It is very difficult to find a good coffee and breakfast in Nelson's Bay. I am glad I looked on trip advisor and found this little gem. Food and coffee were great! Service was pretty slow as it took over 40 minutes (after ordering) to receive our food. We were sitting outside in the sun and the food was delicious so it was well worth the wait.

1  Thank Nicci L
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Incredible coffee!!! Enticing and affordable menu of flawlessly presented great tasting food!! Warm, friendly and professional staff, nothing is ever too much trouble! Inviting and relaxed atmosphere!! As a regular visitor to 'The 'Little Nel Cafe' I am 100% happy to recommended this fab place for an amazing breakfast or lunch, or coffee and cake! From personal experience it also makes a wonderful venue for functions - big or small!!! :-D

1  Thank Amy O
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Previous reviewers were right, this is a gem. Small yet intimate with modern decor breathing a good ambience that leads out to a terrace with shade umbrellas etc. We sat outside for one breakfast in warm winter sun and inside next day in cooler conditions. Both occasions were equally enjoyable. Locals are discovering it too and rave about the overall standard and 'the best coffee in town'. Excellent service from friendly waitresses who enthuse about their employers, the chef and their pride in the fare, upon which they have direct input and influence. If only other establishments gave their staff such a sense of 'ownership'! The food is innovative and frankly, YUMMY! Look at the supplied photo and you can see the quality of presentation and generous quantity. My wife couldn't finish the Continental Trio Board. I had to help finish her croissant, which was a feat of endurance after polishing off the Dukkah Poached Egg Stack with its bacon (crispy as I asked for), and rocket stacked on Turkish with house made dukkah and pesto. at A$16.00 each, this was a tremendous value with 2 cups each of excellent cappuccino. Next morning my wife had their home made muesli and I surrendered to the Smokey BBQ Brekkkie Wrap with a large soft tortilla stuffed with scrambled egg, bacon, hash browns, rocket and caramelised onion in a home made bbq sauce. All this was off their specials menu. If we'd stayed in the area for a week, we'd have eaten our way through the menu every breakfast. I'm sure their lunch menu would be equally good. It is a pity they don't do dinners! If you are in the area of Port Stephens, make the effort to go to Nelson Bay, find the Nelson Resort and drop into this tiny cafe attached to the reception area. It may be the best breakfast you've ever had.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate lunch here on a beautiful day. I had the ploughman lunch. It was two cheeses, ham, a salami type meat, toast, freshly cooked hard boiled egg and rocket. A very filling combination that I shared with my spouse. My spouse had a club sandwich which good. Small cafe attentive servers.