“Excellent”

Add it.
Thai For Tea
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We are up on holidays and wanted a nice place to go on the water front with delicious food and great service and that's what we got! The young staff girl with blonde hair was amazing. Always asking if everything was okay and if she could do anything for us. the only problem we had was ordering to much food!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were walking along the marina, considering what restaurant to try and a couple, in passing, said the thai restaurant was fabulous so we decided to give it a try. We weren't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful with efficient service. The menu was extensive including curries, soups, stirfries and noodles. There was also a sufficient choice of wines, beers, etc. We ordered two entrees and a main noodle dish to share. The meal was delicious with great thai flavours. The views are an added bonus. A beautiful spot to enjoy a yummy meal. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

First: Staff - Amazing.. The young dark haired girl working on Saturday was a pleasure! :) Didnt speak to the girl who appeared to be new, possibly starting that night, but she was obviously trying to get very involved with a larger group present... All around - I was impressed... The setting is also great - enjoy the water and boats, enjoy people watching, check out a bit of entertainment while you eat... again - its a good spot!

My girlfriend ordered Pad Thai on Saturday Night, I was not hungry so opted not to eat but share some of hers.

Her view on the Pad Thai was simple: Very, very good, but not spicy enough (She is Thai Born, and requested it be 'Thailand Spicy").. Apparently it could have been spicier..

My view though... Simply amazing... I thought it had a great hint of spice, but leaving enough room to really enjoy the different flavours. Everything seemed very fresh, and frankly - I loved it.. Especially considering a meal like Pad Thai can vary so much, and some places just dont seem to do it 'right' (in my opinion).

I give this place a high rating for romance simply because they didnt get 'packed out' like a few other places... You could easily bring your partner here and get set-up with a nice romantic spot :) If it was busy though, maybe not..

I guess the only thing I could say.... If someone asks for THailand Spicy, no need to hold back! (Or just bring out one of those Thai Spice Trays)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is one of my favourite thai restaurants. The owners Terry and Thanny are so friendly and the food is amazing.

This restaurant overlooks the marina in Nelson Bay so you get an amazing view and quite often there is music at the marina which you can enjoy especially in the warmer months when you are sitting outside.

My favourite dishes are the Satay Chicken for entrée and main is the Jungle Curry - its very hot though so if you don't like spicy this might not be a good choice for you. Lots of other things on the menu too.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food was really nice and our group all agreed on this, but quite expensive, possibly because of the location, being in a top tourist area, at $20 for a portion of fried rice, it is for special occasions only.